Which tailgate letter color?

I vote for black.

My first K2 was a white LT, and I went with black on my emblems. I even got a little bourgeoisie with my tailgate bowtie and got a billet aluminum one that was powder coated black. Instead of being flat and textured, it had a diamond-esque peak at the center, starting from all sides. Really was a nice tailgate emblem over the cheap plastic one.

Black and white just pops so nicely.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

I'd disagree. The op's truck is an LTZ with chrome bumpers, door trim, handles, grille, badges and bright wheels. Black would clash with everything else chrome.  Chrome over white is elegant looking. 
I'm strictly speaking on personal taste, not trying to step on toes or anything.

The ONLY things I'd leave chrome are the wheels and bumper shells. The rest would either be color-matched white, or black.

Black and white and a little chrome. Classy like Sean Connery as 007 in the white jacket tuxedo.

12 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

I'm strictly speaking on personal taste, not trying to step on toes or anything.

The ONLY things I'd leave chrome are the wheels and bumper shells. The rest would either be color-matched white, or black.

Black and white and a little chrome. Classy like Sean Connery as 007 in the white jacket tuxedo.

I understand no worries. There is black trim on mirrors, bed rail caps, bumper steps along with the dark windows. Idk... May look alright.  Like you said, personal taste ?

Edited by mafd2

10 hours ago, bullet3z said:

It is almost 2020. Chrome is never the answer.

Yep, it's almost 2020 but disagree with that as well. I think black's run it's course.  I've seen many people lately removing black wheels going chrome or bright and leaving chrome badges and grilles. I have a good friend who owns a wheel and custom shop and says the same. He's ordering more chrome wheels lately.  Trucks with chrome will always get compliments and I'm sure the op has gotten many ? on his truck.  IMO, black is "rattle can" looking especially if everything is blacked out unless maybe you're a teenager. I'm not a white truck person but the op's truck looks good with the chrome and bright wheels. Classy with a nice contrast. You can rattle can your wheels, badges and whatever else flat black to achieve that "black" look. Hey, it's to each his own. Like said, personal preference.

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 2:04 PM, lapoolboy said:

I went with neither black nor chrome - I went with the silver.   ?  Should be here by end of the week and I'll post pics.  Another member here, Curly, has silver on his white truck and it looks real good! ??

Where did you order from. I'm looking for the raised letters and not a flat vinyl sticker.