Wind noise

Beta

On 1/9/2020 at 11:04 PM, jgisonfire said:

I remember reading that someone had their OnStar antenna was lose according to the dealership (discovered when replacing the headliner from leaking rear window I believe). That could be what this is from?

On 1/12/2020 at 10:42 AM, Beta said:

I don’t believe so. The antenna is over the driver side. The noise I’m hearing is right about the review mirror area. Almost seems like it’s the way the wind is deflecting off the hood and hitting the windshield. I’ve never heard it that area before on any vehicles I’ve driven. I’ll see if I can take a good video and post it.

The antenna was definitely loose. They tightened it. But I still have the wind noise. They have to do further research/inspecting as a I took them for a ride in another truck and showed them the difference.

14 hours ago, 570590 said:

Try turning on and off the recirculation for the climate control. Mine has a wind noise that I can make go away with the climate control settings

Tried that. Didn't work. They have to do further research/inspecting as a I took them for a ride in another truck and showed them the difference.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:24 AM, VGZPRT said:

2019 Denali same noise dealer said its normal. BS 

everything is always normal.

I took them for a ride in another truck and showed them the difference. They're are still scratching their heads. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is the same way and driving me crazy. I have spent hours determining the source to no avail. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the door. Dealer came and picked it up but said they could not duplicate the the noise which is BS it does it 100% of the time and gets worse over 70 MPH.

I had a nasty wind noise coming from the passenger side review mirror. Turned out that the 6mm bolt on the bottom of the front mud flap was only half way in from the factory. Tightened it up and no more noise. This made no since at all. This drove me nuts for 2 months.

• 6 months later...

Just purchased a 2019 -2500 High Country Crew Cab with 30,000 miles and have the wind noise at 40 MPH coming from the top of door at the curve to the rear. It is very annoying and I plan on cross country travel. 

My dealer (Wilkins Buick GMC)  replaced the mirror gasket that I suggested to them after reading about it on this forum that they found ripped on the left side. They added a new door bolt that is a new design and they also replaced my door gasket, but I have still have wind noise in my ear. WHAT TO DO ?

This was a Certified Used and was air noise was checked off as OK on the 172 point Certified Inspection.

I have experienced a high pitched wind noise, but every time I was driving at 60+ mph and had a strong cross wind. I have Weather Tech in channel door window vent visors. The moment I cracked the window the noise went away. I think the Weather Tech vent visors are the issue. It's not a big deal to me, so I just carry on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Mine been to the dealer 7 times now over the course of 4 month for this.   They’ve replaced the window and seals, replace the door seals, checked the window seal, re adjusted the the whole door hinges brackets.   And still can’t figure it out.   My wind noise on a windy day starts 45 plus.  On a non windy day starts 75-80 but if I do over 85 it drowns out the radio and there is zero chance of having any kind of conversation.   It the only negative on this truck and it’s a big massive negative.   

Check mud flaps or running boards if you have them, strange wind flow around the trucks. I added front flaps and it helped what was sounding off the running board in my opinion.