Wind noise

Beta

2020 -1500 Silverado. Anyone else getting a wind noise around the review mirror/windshield area, once you hit about 40mph? Sounds like the window is cracked, but at that location.. ...annoying.  Dealership said they tested another truck and said it has the same noise. They think it’s coming from the antenna on top, but no repairs yet. 

I notice slight wind noise from rear spoiler over 65 mph, but nothing out of ordinary from front. I have driven my 19 then 20 and probably 12 service loaners never noticed any noise from front rearview mirror area.

If it is a bad seal try covering seams up with some blue painters tape and see if noise goes away

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 11:04 PM, jgisonfire said:

I remember reading that someone had their OnStar antenna was lose according to the dealership (discovered when replacing the headliner from leaking rear window I believe). That could be what this is from?

I don’t believe so. The antenna is over the driver side. The noise I’m hearing is right about the review mirror area. Almost seems like it’s the way the wind is deflecting off the hood and hitting the windshield. I’ve never heard it that area before on any vehicles I’ve driven. I’ll see if I can take a good video and post it.

14 hours ago, Brian Ball said:

Yes I just noticed this yesterday, not just bc I was driving 40 mph, but was driving while its was a little windy, not really sure what was causing this but definitely annoying. 

Mine is constant. Wind or not.  Does yours sound like a window is cracked, but its coming from the windshield/review mirror area?

Edited by Beta

On 1/10/2020 at 7:19 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

I notice slight wind noise from rear spoiler over 65 mph, but nothing out of ordinary from front. I have driven my 19 then 20 and probably 12 service loaners never noticed any noise from front rearview mirror area.

If it is a bad seal try covering seams up with some blue painters tape and see if noise goes away

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I will have to try that. But I don't think its a bad seal, as nothing leaks.

I have a wind noise in my truck coming from the passenger side rear door area. I have a hearing issue and cannot discriminate noise/sounds well. I actually had a girl that waited for me ride with me for about 10 miles and help me find the noise and make sure I wasn’t crazy(because the dealership told me they couldn’t hear it at all). Mine started after the dealership did the first window leak caulk job and performed the seatbelt tensioner recall. Now I have a noise that would drive me crazy if I actually had access to my truck to drive it(see the window leak thread for more details-44 days no without my truck). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 4:36 AM, Beta said:

Mine is constant. Wind or not.  Does yours sound like a window is cracked, but its coming from the windshield/review mirror area?

Mine is constant as well we think coming from the Front part of the rear passenger window. If I ever get my truck back Ill get my ultrasonic leak detector and find it that way.