Kicker subwoofer

Is this a new setup?

I heard the other one one that sells for around $600 was a waste of money.

Looks like this is for non Bose only.

Anyone have one of these?

c31ef2c6cd196f7851d3b086f4b155ba.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

0f5f2e71d52ef4f31cdee48764a9f93c.jpg

I have that on my 18 with Bose I think it works great. It’s not gonna win any competitions or anything. It adds just enough base to the sound. It’s all factory install to another thing I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the same grand you can get a decent speaker, a good amp, sub box and a line out level converter and have a better setup.

I put 2 10”Memphis audio subs into a box that fits under the rear seat and used a Memphis audio sub amp from a previous truck. Had the shop mount the amp behind the rear seat and set up the converter. 640 watts at one ohm. New including install I think it would have run me about $1200 - $1400 but I already had the speakers and amp.

This year I will add a 4 channel amp for the fronts and change the speakers to infinity’s, 6x9 components in front and 6.5’s in rear doors with a dsp converter so I can better shape the sound.

14 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I have that on my 18 with Bose I think it works great. It’s not gonna win any competitions or anything. It adds just enough base to the sound. It’s all factory install to another thing I like.

How much different is the kicker sub sounding to the Bose? I am debating this upgrade for my '17 but not sure if it was worth it or not. Does it fit in the same factory location as the Bose sub? I have the rear seat storage, so I cannot get one that goes under the 40 side of the bench seat. Thanks.

How much different is the kicker sub sounding to the Bose? I am debating this upgrade for my '17 but not sure if it was worth it or not. Does it fit in the same factory location as the Bose sub? I have the rear seat storage, so I cannot get one that goes under the 40 side of the bench seat. Thanks.

The Bose sub lacks a sub lol it’s awesome everywhere else for a everyday sound. The sub goes under the rear seat passenger side. I have the under seat bin I cut it down to fit the sub. Still have plenty of room. I left the Bose sub hooked up. I like the sound of the kicker sub I don’t want a aftermarket setup running a LOC or all diff wires. It’s a simple clean install.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, Jaychevy81 said:

The Bose sub lacks a sub lol it’s awesome everywhere else for a everyday sound. The sub goes under the rear seat passenger side. I have the under seat bin I cut it down to fit the sub. Still have plenty of room. I left the Bose sub hooked up. I like the sound of the kicker sub I don’t want a aftermarket setup running a LOC or all diff wires. It’s a simple clean install.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, paid enough for the underseat storage that I am not cutting that **** up. lol I don't really need that much bump anymore anyways, as I had the non-Bose setup with the other truck, just wasn't sure if it was a different setup for adding it to the Bose system... I can figure other things out to do to the truck that won't be that much, or better use out of. haha

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Bose system w/o the Bose sub in my ‘18 LTZ, I installed a pair of the 10” kicker sealed enclosures that I got brand new at half price, they fit like a glove and have awesome output when running 2. Minimum current consumption on the factory charging system. Very pleased with the sound for being a “factory” stereo. 

D4C2C390-FDBB-4B49-9CFE-33B08B0A153D.jpeg

• Like 3

@dieselfan1 I think it comes down to what are you looking for sound wise. I think that kicker sub will sound clean and blend well & round out you stock stereo. Plus I think the price is decent and kicker it is a reputable enough brand. If you’re looking for a bass strong sound and feel, something that hits harder you might want multiple subs or a larger single. JL has a nice 13 inch that I’ve heard powered properly and it pounded! I have two JL 10’s on a JL 1000w and you can definitely tell they’re there! Lol But may I just suggest looking at my boys website it’s where I got my enclosure.  He custom makes enclosures for our trucks specifically with a variety of different enclosures, different subs and different exterior finishes from around $700-$3500. He will put everything together with or without LED lighting whatever you want there are a lot of options to choose from. Give him a look at TruckBass.com !! I’ll Post photos of my enclosure to give you a couple ideas of his work.55538A6C-0CE0-42F2-8CE2-181787A0A970.thumb.jpeg.464b3ff57e54640aa03739b6a99e0364.jpeg6CFEAA7D-C9D9-4A5D-8DA3-3F5ED7A185D4.thumb.jpeg.f0a678991b12bf3e4bd0e0116471febe.jpeg0B18BDB1-268A-47EE-8C3A-D57D3F82362D.thumb.jpeg.1016fdc125d30782ea0176c754c8b76a.jpegE9E2785C-5795-4FED-93BF-0426208BFA7B.thumb.jpeg.b2dd2dec7395297172860f5bc73f0277.jpeg275F5CE9-E915-4995-A533-8EFCF9C449E9.thumb.jpeg.2c557ccb92c0a33cb2fd1e69f4094e3a.jpeg

Edited by CovetedStyle
  • Like 3

I have the Bose system w/o the Bose sub in my ‘18 LTZ, I installed a pair of the 10” kicker sealed enclosures that I got brand new at half price, they fit like a glove and have awesome output when running 2. Minimum current consumption on the factory charging system. Very pleased with the sound for being a “factory” stereo. 
D4C2C390-FDBB-4B49-9CFE-33B08B0A153D.thumb.jpeg.b670cdc10b9e207ffb0b472758eb341a.jpeg

I thought about adding a second one did it mount up the same as the right one?

For the left side of the 2nd enclosure, existing bracket was utilized, a cut down/shortened coupling nut on top of the exposed factory seat bolt with bolt and lock washer on top to secure bracket-lines up perfectly. On the right side of 2nd enclosure, removed the supplied bracket and made my own bracket/support. 
I did wire both subs to independent switches so I am able to run both, either/or, or none, but honestly Ive only turned off one at a time when my daughters sleeping in her car seat.

• Like 1

For the left side of the 2nd enclosure, existing bracket was utilized, a cut down/shortened coupling nut on top of the exposed factory seat bolt with bolt and lock washer on top to secure bracket-lines up perfectly. On the right side of 2nd enclosure, removed the supplied bracket and made my own bracket/support. 
I did wire both subs to independent switches so I am able to run both, either/or, or none, but honestly Ive only turned off one at a time when my daughters sleeping in her car seat.

Nice I have the one the factory located one and I like it. It does the job just enough and neat looking. I may just have to find a second now lol.

i have owned alot of systems in alot of vehicles, i put 1 kicker sub setup in my 16 silverado, it made the music alot better, but i missed the hard hitting. so i added a second on the drivers side like johnny lane, and made it sound really good, for utilizing the factory audio system.

wait for deals on amazon or ebay. ive purchased both for under $500 each time, and didnt need to fuss with a work around with after market systems. the kicker kit includes wiring that plug and play, sub and built in amp. very easy to set up.

can use factory head unit to turn up or down bass easily

3 hours ago, Josh99722 said:

i have owned alot of systems in alot of vehicles, i put 1 kicker sub setup in my 16 silverado, it made the music alot better, but i missed the hard hitting. so i added a second on the drivers side like johnny lane, and made it sound really good, for utilizing the factory audio system.

wait for deals on amazon or ebay. ive purchased both for under $500 each time, and didnt need to fuss with a work around with after market systems. the kicker kit includes wiring that plug and play, sub and built in amp. very easy to set up.

can use factory head unit to turn up or down bass easily

That might be the way to go. I like the idea of 2 instead of 1.

And the plug and play . Factory look and ease of install is a bonus.

And the minimum draw on the alternator.

What could go wrong?