Locked in! Anyone else experience this.

2019 GMC Sierra Crew Base, 5.3, 6 Speed, X31 with towing package, 8,000km. Truck drivetrain and such have been great. Other stuff not so much...

I do have the dreaded infotainment issues that it seems like every one has. On the second head unit already, dealer seems at a loss to fix, it is very frustrating when you drive in northern Canada and the whole system locks up.

But yesterday a new one - it got cold (for Vancouver, BC, Canada) -5 Celsius and snowed about 15 cm overnight. In the morning, I started up the truck, cleared off snow, drove to nearest starbucks then had to take a call (and CarPlay actually worked) so I sat there with it running for about 5 minutes. Then I shut her off and went to exit. I could hear a switch cycling under the dash like 20 times after I shut it down (weird). Then I tried the door handle and the door was locked and would not open. So i hit the unlock button - nothing happened - no noise, no unlock, no nothing. So i tried it again - lock/unlock and nothing happened then the door handle - nothing! I said to myself - that is weird and a little concerning. So i tried like ten more times. Nothing. Door locked and would not open, no matter what I tried.

I stopped to collect myself - I thought (like the infotainment) I will start it back up and see if that works - nope. I shut it back down - same thing. So now after 2 or 3 minutes - I am like hmmm... what if i NEEDED to get out. Concerning.

Windows had some residual ice/snow so I could not open them. I re-started again and maxed out the defrost for another 5 mins until the windows were freed up to open then I reached out and opened the door from the outside. Door opened immediately.

I am going to call dealer - but I thought I would see what the forums thought as well.

First pull unlocks a locked the door, second pull opens it  -- can also be used by a passenger so you don't have put it in park or use the unlock button.

But yes, it's been a few years since the last time, but I've been both frozen into a vehicle and frozen out of a vehicle.

Edited by redwngr

Just had this happen again this time my new 2020. I was in the back seat and the left rear door would not open from the inside the right side worked fine however 

Edited by ILSilverado