Console safe

Hello all and thank you in advance!

so I thought having the safety console would be nice but really I doNt have a big enough purpose that it makes sense - and the mat GM gave just lays over it and doesn't give much to organize or anything. 

so my question is - how hard is the removal of the safe?  And if I remove it what options are out there for console organization type things?

thank you!

I used this one to sit above my locker down safe:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZ5RD2W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9A7jEbGE1FGKT

It's mainly for a 2018 Silverado, but fits on the skinny lip right on the edge, perfectly.  I needed something with as much height as possible, as I have the electronic lock, which adds a little height to the lock.

Edited by Swiftks

I would actually consider keeping and using the safe.  I like having some cash, my registration/insurance card and other items in a bit more secure location.  At least if I get my truck washed or serviced, those things don't get accessed.

I have one in my truck and love it.  I also have the organizer that sits above the safe, and it keeps the things I need at hand.

So to be Clear-you have the GM safe a the bottom of the console and the organizer (From Amazon-which I already have ) fits on top of the safe and you can close the console?

I have been told the the Lock'R Down version of this safe will not permit the use of the organizer , but it looks like the GM safe wiull fit beneath the organizer which would be Super good!

1 hour ago, phpbass51 said:

So to be Clear-you have the GM safe a the bottom of the console and the organizer (From Amazon-which I already have ) fits on top of the safe and you can close the console?

I have been told the the Lock'R Down version of this safe will not permit the use of the organizer , but it looks like the GM safe wiull fit beneath the organizer which would be Super good!

See my previous post above.  I have the locker down safe with the electronic lock, which sits even higher than the roller tumbler lock, and I used a organizer for a 2018 Silverado and it sits perfect on the little bit of a seam on the console edge.  Snaps right into place, and does not touch the lock at all.

Edited by Swiftks

4 hours ago, phpbass51 said:

Yes, the GM safe will work with several of the organizers available on Amazon

I like the idea of the console safe but I really wish it was shallower & didn’t take up so much cubic space. IMO, 3” deep would be perfect. Enough for a pistol and/or valuables to lay flat & there’s still plenty of storage left above.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the idea of the console safe but I really wish it was shallower & didn’t take up so much cubic space. IMO, 3” deep would be perfect. Enough for a pistol and/or valuables to lay flat & there’s still plenty of storage left above.
Agree. Too much safe space, not enough unsecured space.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got the front 40/20/40 front bench and really like the lockable storage under the middle seat but it’s far from a “safe”. Haven’t been able to find one for the new ‘19-‘20 body style - if any of y’all came across one when looking for your console safe, please pass that info on!

• 1 year later...

Hello all,  purchased a 19 Sierra yesterday and it has this console safe (GM part 84081567) according to the stickers inside the safe. Safe is open but the dial is in the locked position... Dealer didn’t have the code so it’s basically useless.  The reset can’t be used if it’s in the locked Position for obvious reasons. Any ideas?