Air blowing through all vents

I bought a 2019 sierra 1500 and the air blows out of all vents no matter what mode I have it in. When it's cold out my feet seem to stay cold but my upper body is hot. I took it to the dealer and they said it is normal and they all do it.  I've heard about this issue with previous model gm trucks, but I couldnt find anything on the new generation trucks. Is anyone else having this issue or is it something specific to my truck? 

1 hour ago, fishnfly20 said:

I bought a 2019 sierra 1500 and the air blows out of all vents no matter what mode I have it in. When it's cold out my feet seem to stay cold but my upper body is hot. I took it to the dealer and they said it is normal and they all do it.  I've heard about this issue with previous model gm trucks, but I couldnt find anything on the new generation trucks. Is anyone else having this issue or is it something specific to my truck? 

Yup, Totally lame as with AC always on too!  Anyway you have to turn Fan OFF and put on Recirculate and then your good to go!  

2 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Yup, Totally lame as with AC always on too!  Anyway you have to turn Fan OFF and put on Recirculate and then your good to 

I was hoping it was only a winter issue, because I dont care as much about ac blowing out all the vents. I guess that's an issue too. What do you mean by "turn fan off" turn it on auto?

1 hour ago, fishnfly20 said:

I was hoping it was only a winter issue, because I dont care as much about ac blowing out all the vents. I guess that's an issue too. What do you mean by "turn fan off" turn it on auto?

No...I had difficult time with it myself and still do..LOL  the Screen has to to say FAN OFF and then push in recirculate button ON.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:31 PM, fishnfly20 said:

Well I hate to disagree with your service advisor or whomever told you this but it's not "normal" and they all don't do it.  My '19 RST, our '19 Fire Dept. Custom service truck and a friends LT doesn't do it.  If the defrost only is selected air doesn't blow out the vents.  When the defrost mode is on and I select the vent mode, you can hear the flap inside the dash open then air starts flowing out the vents.  What gets me with these service dept.'s is when people bring a vehicle in for a problem or concern they seem to reply "they all do that" or "it's normal".  When they tell you that, tell him/her ok lets go try a handful of trucks on the lot and lets see what they do.  

On 1/22/2020 at 9:06 PM, mookdoc6 said:

Yup, Totally lame as with AC always on too!  Anyway you have to turn Fan OFF and put on Recirculate and then your good to go!  

The AC light doesn't mean the compressor is engaged.

Just means that it is available.

Humidity control is much more effective when the AC is used.

A quick update, the dealership mechanic put in a inquiry to GM and he said there was no fix for this issue. He said he would call me when they figure out a fix, which I expect will be never. I used the vents for the first time today and there is barely any air coming out of them, it doesnt seem right to me.

Nope not right. On vent mode air should be blowing hard. Something's stuck closed or not opening.  Did you try using the air settings from the infotainment screen intead of the console? Hope it gets figured out. Try another dealer.