Bought 2019 LTZ Silverado and navigation screen said I needed to confirm card was for this vehicle so I did this everytime in start up. All functions worked including live traffic alerts and such, then took into dealer and they kept for three days to try and figure out how to get rid of message and they changed the SD card and got rid of message at start up, now the live traffic alerts will not come on and after another 4 hours at dealer I'm told my system does not have the function. My question is does the Nav card they switched out control that function of system since all the functions worked until they changed the card?

46 minutes ago, Doormanep said:

Bought 2019 LTZ Silverado and navigation screen said I needed to confirm card was for this vehicle so I did this everytime in start up. All functions worked including live traffic alerts and such, then took into dealer and they kept for three days to try and figure out how to get rid of message and they changed the SD card and got rid of message at start up, now the live traffic alerts will not come on and after another 4 hours at dealer I'm told my system does not have the function. My question is does the Nav card they switched out control that function of system since all the functions worked until they changed the card?

Welcome to the site.

Did you buy the truck new?

You might have had a free trial subscription that has expired, most features like that are "pay to play" after the free time period is up.

So what the dealer might be saying is that you do not have it activated at the moment, so you do not "have" it.

1 hour ago, Doormanep said:

No they are telling me that it's not a function on this nav system I have, think I'm getting the run around because if it's not suppose to work why did it for month.

Have you set up an account with ON Star and Sirius/XM? 

You will be able to tell what features your truck has, or will work with a subscription. 

Yes accounts are set up. I still think when they put in new SD card they must have re programmed something to turn the features off, and not sure if GM techs at dealer really know anything now. I've been looking on the web and see that there are different SD cards GM has and wished I'd have taken a picture of the original one so I could compare part #'s. have mentioned that to dealer and he said they would try to find old card but not going to hold my breath.

8 hours ago, Doormanep said:

Yes accounts are set up. I still think when they put in new SD card they must have re programmed something to turn the features off, and not sure if GM techs at dealer really know anything now. I've been looking on the web and see that there are different SD cards GM has and wished I'd have taken a picture of the original one so I could compare part #'s. have mentioned that to dealer and he said they would try to find old card but not going to hold my breath.

Are you being charged monthly for the services? If so, then I agree with you that the dealer has done something wrong.

Make them fix it, show them your bills from XM/On Star to prove that you have the subscriptions. 

I'm just hoping if someone on this topic knows anything about if the SD cards that GM provides (seems like there are a few different ones) for the infotainment device affect how the system works with On Star and XM to set options you get on the settings screen in navigation app?  It seems to me that a 55K truck ought to come with all the options that are on screen. The 2015 LTZ and 2017 High Country I had all the options worked with no problems in Nav screen.

Thanks everyone for any comments or answers.

Live traffic is an option supported by ONSTAR.   For it to work, you have to have either the live traffic option added on (I think it is $15) or have the top of the line ONSTAR subscription which includes everything.   When I had issues with live traffic it was ONSTAR that had to change settings and get it to work.  Dealer could not do anything with it.  On the Nav option screen it will appear greyed  out if not active.