What have u done to your 2020 hd

Wednesday I added 37's to the truck with no mods except cranking torsion keys up. Thursday it went in for the Cognito Premier leveling kit.

This picture is with 37's and torsion keys turned up. Minor rubbing on the liner

IMG_8981.JPG

Edited by gSwift
  • Like 3

On 2/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, jaybauman said:

I just installed a Diamondback HD Cover on my AT4 HD.  I’ve always had color-matched caps and covers, so I was a bit tentative with how this might look.  Overall, I think it works well with the black trim on the AT4.

49521089733_0a628e1b87_z.jpg

49521612941_ae914f4ae3_z.jpg

I am thinking of going this route as well. I have always ran painted to match fiberglass, but got tired of limited bed access and use. Are you happy with the cover?

10 hours ago, nomadicdogg said:

I am thinking of going this route as well. I have always ran painted to match fiberglass, but got tired of limited bed access and use. Are you happy with the cover?

My Diamondback HD cover is awesome.  It keeps my bed completely dry.  And if I need to haul something tall, I can flip up either the front or rear sections.  If I need my entire bed (I just have to plan ahead) I can take the whole cover off in about 15 minutes.  I added Yakima mounts so I can still get 4 bicycles up on top when I'm towing the Airstream.  I bought a dirt bike yesterday and just tied it down on top of the cover to get it home.  The aesthetics and functionality are top-notch; I'm not sure why I don't see more Diamondbacks on the road.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jaybauman said:

My Diamondback HD cover is awesome.  It keeps my bed completely dry.  And if I need to haul something tall, I can flip up either the front or rear sections.  If I need my entire bed (I just have to plan ahead) I can take the whole cover off in about 15 minutes.  I added Yakima mounts so I can still get 4 bicycles up on top when I'm towing the Airstream.  I bought a dirt bike yesterday and just tied it down on top of the cover to get it home.  The aesthetics and functionality are top-notch; I'm not sure why I don't see more Diamondbacks on the road.

It sits flat on the rear of the tailgate no issues? I saw one youtube where it did not and it was very noticeable. Does your power tailgate still function with the cover closed?

5 minutes ago, nomadicdogg said:

It sits flat on the rear of the tailgate no issues? I saw one youtube where it did not and it was very noticeable. Does your power tailgate still function with the cover closed?

I'm not sure what you mean by "flat on the rear of the tailgate".  On my truck, the corners of the Diamondback align perfectly with the back corners of my truck bed.  The tailgate has a curve so it sticks out, but this serves to expose the built-in "handle" on top of the tailgate.  About 2 weeks after initial installation, I did have both kids sit on top of the rear panel to compress it so I could adjust it to be more level. 

When I first installed the cover, the power tailgate would get hung up.  After a few months, the rubber seals have seated a bit differently--the gate opens at the push of the button.  I admit it didn't fit absolutely perfectly on Day 1, but I made some adjustments at 2 weeks and 2 months as it broke in.  It fits perfectly now.  Here's a pic I took over the summer.

50528522872_1a899b8353_z.jpg

7 minutes ago, jaybauman said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "flat on the rear of the tailgate".  On my truck, the corners of the Diamondback align perfectly with the back corners of my truck bed.  The tailgate has a curve so it sticks out, but this serves to expose the built-in "handle" on top of the tailgate.  About 2 weeks after initial installation, I did have both kids sit on top of the rear panel to compress it so I could adjust it to be more level. 

When I first installed the cover, the power tailgate would get hung up.  After a few months, the rubber seals have seated a bit differently--the gate opens at the push of the button.  I admit it didn't fit absolutely perfectly on Day 1, but I made some adjustments at 2 weeks and 2 months as it broke in.  It fits perfectly now.  Here's a pic I took over the summer.

50528522872_1a899b8353_z.jpg

Thank you. The one I saw stuck up because it looked like part of the tailgate top had a lip on it that was up. Maybe it was on a 1500.

This is my new truck. I put some leveling keys on it and raised the front 2 inches. I replaced the front bumper with a Fab Fours Matrix. This bumper is awesome. I installed some HAVOC side steps. I have TOYO AT3 tires in 12.5x35x20 on WICKED offroad wheels in 20x10 with -24 spacing. The tires rub the mud flaps, but I have not trimmed them. I came from a Ram diesel that i dove for 4 years. I really like this setup. I do not pull anything heavy, just my boat.

Rob

new truck.jpg

So here is the finished product and here are the parts i used 

Cognito 3" Premier leveling kit with external reservoir Fox shocks. 

Cognito "PISK"

SuspensionMAXX 1.5" rear block

SuspensionMAXX Diff drop

Venum 1" wheel spacers/adaptors 

37x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on OEM AT4 wheels

I don't remember the exact factory height before the lift, but i'm pretty sure it had 1.75" of rake. I wanted to keep some rake so I added a 1.5" rear block.

New measurements are from the ground to the bottom of the fender

LF 43.5       RF 43.75

LR 44.0    RR 45.0

I'll probably attempt to dial that in a little a see if I can get the numbers a little closer.

Angles are good and the ride is amazing with the external resi shocks. Had to do some trimming on the liners and the mud flaps, but it all turned out pretty clean and I'm super happy with it. As @kylant mentioned to me, the 37's rubbed on the Cognito control arms, so I added a hubcentric 1" spacer and then took it to Firestone for a lifetime alignment and now everything is perfect.

0A9B95E7-02BA-4903-97F6-913792C0E097.jpeg

4258D8E9-CD79-43F6-A9A2-52DEC5EE5E15.jpeg

Edited by gSwift
  • Like 4