What have u done to your 2020 hd

17 hours ago, gSwift said:

So here is the finished product and here are the parts i used 

Cognito 3" Premier leveling kit with external reservoir Fox shocks. 

Cognito "PISK"

SuspensionMAXX 1.5" rear block

SuspensionMAXX Diff drop

Venum 1" wheel spacers/adaptors 

37x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on OEM AT4 wheels

I don't remember the exact factory height before the lift, but i'm pretty sure it had 1.75" of rake. I wanted to keep some rake so I added a 1.5" rear block.

New measurements are 

LF 38.5       RF 38.5

LR 38.75    RR 39.5

I'll probably attempt to dial that in a little a see if I can get the numbers a little closer.

Angles are good and the ride is amazing with the external resi shocks. Had to do some trimming on the liners and the mud flaps, but it all turned out pretty clean and I'm super happy with it. As @kylant mentioned to me, the 37's rubbed on the Cognito control arms, so I added a hubcentric 1" spacer and then took it to Firestone for a lifetime alignment and now everything is perfect.

0A9B95E7-02BA-4903-97F6-913792C0E097.jpeg

looks great!

where are you taking your measurements from? ground to bottom of fenders?

3 hours ago, kylant said:

looks great!

Sorry, I actually meant to list that.  I measured from the bottom of my 20" wheel to the groove cut into the GMC fender flares. It just seemed like a cleaner line to measure from but I may go back and re-measure 

4 hours ago, kylant said:

looks great!

I updated my original post to reflect the measurements from the ground to the bottom of the fender. 

Swapped out the halogen headlight/housings for LEDs I bought wrecked off eBay. JB welded the housings back together, polished the scratches out of the lenses and now, from the outside, they look like new. I also used the Gen5DIY harness to make it simple.

20201029_175015~2.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 7:12 AM, MNDakota said:

Swapped out the halogen headlight/housings for LEDs I bought wrecked off eBay. JB welded the housings back together, polished the scratches out of the lenses and now, from the outside, they look like new. I also used the Gen5DIY harness to make it simple.

20201029_175015~2.jpg

By chance have you looked or done any comparison of the halogen housings against the led, for possibly swapping the internals from one to the other?

12 hours ago, Stand By said:

By chance have you looked or done any comparison of the halogen housings against the led, for possibly swapping the internals from one to the other?

From what I can tell, the housings and lenses are identical. Pretty sure the part numbers for the bare moldings we're the same. I'm keeping the old headlights for now in case the refurbished lenses fog up (although good halogen headlights are going for more than I paid for the LED's on eBay). If they do fog up, my plan is to swap the internals to the halogen housings. I just didn't want to mess with them too much yet.