2015 Chevy Silverado 6.2 Failed Lifter

I have a 2015 4WD Chevy Silverado LTZ with 6.2. 248,000 miles. I’ve always kept up with the maintenance on this truck and it’s been very good to me. I recently started getting a code for misfire #2. Changed all the wires and plugs, no help. Decided to do injector next but someone told me about the lifter problems the AFM causes and sure enough I’ve got a faulty lifter. In stead of just changing that lifter, thought about changing cams and deleting AFM. This is my daily driver, not sure if it’s worth it or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated 

thank you  

Edited by Steven Menkhoff

8 minutes ago, catpartsman said:

If you plan to keep it, I would replace the lifters and delete AFM. I’m not sure about the cam since I’ve never done one. If you plan to get rid of it in the next year or so, I would still replace lifters and delete afm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I plan on keeping it. Just paid it off. I don’t plan on having another truck payment for a long long time. Vehicles are getting too expensive 

If I just do lifters and not the cam, while I have it apart I was thinking replacing all rollers, push rods and lifters as well since I’ve got so many miles on it. I want it to last. Anything else I should do while I’ve got broke down?

Edited by Steven Menkhoff
  • Like 1

I'm sure this is common knowledge here but if you end up digging into the engine and the camshaft is fine. Replacement parts need to be what you took out. You can't delete the AFM/DoD without a non AFM/DoD camshaft.

So 8 regular lifters and 8 AFM lifters will be needed.