A/C light flickering on center console

Hi folks.

Just bought a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT with 66k on it Saturday. Today I noticed (this evening when it was dark) that the A/C button light flickers... sometimes it stays on for a few seconds and sometimes dark for a few seconds, and sometimes flickering back and forth constantly. The air conditioner isn’t on, btw.

Just curious if this is the start of electrical issue, or is it simply a small bulb or something burning out. Everything around it is lit up and fine.

thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 4:36 AM, B1Sousa said:

Update: now the defrost button close by is doing the same thing 

Maybe this?

• Symptoms of a failed headlight switch include:
  • Headlights and taillights failing to turn on or off
  • Interior lights flicker, or fail to turn on or off
  • Gauge cluster lighting off or flickering with headlights on
  • Parking light malfunctions

• 3 weeks later...

My 2018 Sierra's AC light is also flickering at night. The AC is not on. The light becomes dim and then it stays on and then gives off. I noticed this a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

yah - my truck is still under the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.  I bought a new control unit for 95.00 shipped from ebay.  I don't trust the shoddy techs ripping my aluminum trim off and the center screen to get the controls out; I'd rather do it myself!  From what I've read it's pretty common, so I'm sure my new part will only do it again.  I plan on shipping my old part out to a guy I know that can solder in new replacement led lights. 

replaced control with a new GM one from ebay $100.00 shipped.  Although my truck is still under warranty, I'm sure the dealer would have broken a few of the clips that hold the aluminum bezel around the center stack.  They "love" warranty work.  That trim was a ****** to take off with out breaking/bending!  My old part was 84258726 the new part is the same with the last digit being a  9.  As I'm sure, that in two years, this will happen again, I'm sending my old part to 1mr.repairman so he can replace all the led lights with quality parts and i will swap it back in when the new GM one goes on the blink.  Kind of sucks for a $50+ truck!

1 minute ago, Miguel Olea said:

replaced control with a new GM one from ebay $100.00 shipped.  Although my truck is still under warranty, I'm sure the dealer would have broken a few of the clips that hold the aluminum bezel around the center stack.  They "love" warranty work.  That trim was a ****** to take off with out breaking/bending!  My old part was 84258726 the new part is the same with the last digit being a  9.  As I'm sure, that in two years, this will happen again, I'm sending my old part to 1mr.repairman so he can replace all the led lights with quality parts and i will swap it back in when the new GM one goes on the blink.  Kind of sucks for a $50+ truck!

Did all of the functions still work on the old HVAC control? I thought that when something went out, like a light, or a switch function, they were garbage.