2019 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 w/Arc - 1 inch rear block?

Leveled my front with 2” and would still like a little more rake in the rear.  Currently there are no blocks installed, anyone add a 1 inch block?  Anything needed to be done with the shocks and ARC.  Really don’t want to get into extended shock brackets,

let me know,, thx,

I used my old 1.25 block and u bolts from  my last GMC.  Nothing needs to be done with the rear ARC. It is a single bracket on the driver's side that mounts to the top of the spring.  1"' in my opinion wouldn't affect the shocks much unless you are jumping it. Most shock extension brackets I have seen have been for 2 inch or more blocks. You may be able to pick some up cheap somewhere they install lifts.

Edited by Fltmech

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, jbshoo said:

Anyone with real world experience on this?

What more "real world experience" do you need? Add the block. You will need longer U bolts.  ARC is unaffected on the rear. You will not need shock extensions for the 1" block.

• 4 months later...

Bringing this thread back to life to what @jbshoo ended up doing.

Also, @Fltmech do you have any pics of yours?

This is likely a dumb question, but hey I am not a smart man... and I've never messed with leaf spring suspension before. Done several suspension jobs with strut/spring assemblies, but no leafs. If I order a 1" rear lift block... I assume it will be 1" LARGER than stock, correct? I took a look and there is already a block in there but without taking my shiz apart (which I don't to do tonight, already 2 beers deep), I have no way of telling how big the stock block is.

I also have a Denali that I will be installing the Readylift 2" kit on within the next couple weeks. Based on my research I think I am likely going to want to lift the rear another 1/2 inch to 1 inch. Just want to make sure I am looking at/for the right parts.

Thanks for helping this GM n00b.

14 hours ago, grrr027 said:

Bringing this thread back to life to what @jbshoo ended up doing.

Also, @Fltmech do you have any pics of yours?

This is likely a dumb question, but hey I am not a smart man... and I've never messed with leaf spring suspension before. Done several suspension jobs with strut/spring assemblies, but no leafs. If I order a 1" rear lift block... I assume it will be 1" LARGER than stock, correct? I took a look and there is already a block in there but without taking my shiz apart (which I don't to do tonight, already 2 beers deep), I have no way of telling how big the stock block is.

I also have a Denali that I will be installing the Readylift 2" kit on within the next couple weeks. Based on my research I think I am likely going to want to lift the rear another 1/2 inch to 1 inch. Just want to make sure I am looking at/for the right parts.

Thanks for helping this GM n00b.

Your's came with a block? Mine did not have one. Blocks are usually true to size. You will need longer u- bolts. 

I just had my Denali leveled with the suspensionmaxx kit. 2.5 front and 1.5 rear. Its pretty level now with this setup. I think if you were to go 2 in the front without the rear being moved up at least 1 inch, the front will look raised a bit. Here is a pic of mine for reference. 

Denali1.jpg

2 hours ago, Fltmech said:

Your's came with a block? Mine did not have one. Blocks are usually true to size. You will need longer u- bolts. 

I thought the steel piece under the leafs in this pic is a removable block, but I could be wrong as I haven’t torn it apart yet.

1AB44611-01FE-410A-AE5D-C181E4B4CD02.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Smrtasp said:

I just had my Denali leveled with the suspensionmaxx kit. 2.5 front and 1.5 rear. Its pretty level now with this setup. I think if you were to go 2 in the front without the rear being moved up at least 1 inch, the front will look raised a bit. Here is a pic of mine for reference. 

Denali1.jpg

Thanks, that’s exactly my concern. Anyone know of a good 1/2inch or 1inch block that will work with the Denali ARC? I can’t go as high as you due to my garage door height and work parking garage limitations, but do think I’ll end up wanting to lift the rear just a hair once I level the front by 2”. We will see once in install it.

Hi I have a 2020 denali 3l with arc .I ordered the upper 2 in mounts with the arc brackets. I could not find 1 in blocks so I ordered a front and rear kit without arc from  ebay .going to use rear blocks and sell the front 2 in upper spacers .

3 minutes ago, cbprov said:

Hi I have a 2020 denali 3l with arc .I ordered the upper 2 in mounts with the arc brackets. I could not find 1 in blocks so I ordered a front and rear kit without arc from  ebay .going to use rear blocks and sell the front 2 in upper spacers .

Thanks, I may end up having to do the same. Have a link to the ebay kit you picked up? Also - pics of your lift once you get it done would be awesome! Appreciate it.

31 minutes ago, Smrtasp said:

Denali1.jpg

Mine is similar to this. I have a 2" front and 1-1/4" rear. So theoretically  I have 3/4" more rake.

2 minutes ago, Fltmech said:

Mine is similar to this. I have a 2" front and 1-1/4" rear. So theoretically  I have 3/4" more rake.

Where did you snag the 1.25" rear?