drop shackles 2016 reg cab. silverado

592cid

hello,  I wanted to lower the rear end of the truck for a better stance.  I bought some high quality drop shackles.   took the truck to my buddies shop, threw it on the lift...an hr or so later they were installed.  I developed a vibration at low speed  and when braking.   went back , checked all bolts etc.  drove for a week thinking it might go away?? NOT.   so I removed the shackles , truck drives fine now.  Im guessing the slight change of p inion angle to the driveshaft or trans. must be the culprit.  Any one else had this problem?  I was going to buy some shims and try the whole thing over.  All of the movement couldn't be more than 2 degrees change to the pinion but im guessing that's all it took to make the vibration happen.  Any advise would be great. Thanks everyone. in advance.      

1 hour ago, 592cid said:

hello,  I wanted to lower the rear end of the truck for a better stance.  I bought some high quality drop shackles.   took the truck to my buddies shop, threw it on the lift...an hr or so later they were installed.  I developed a vibration at low speed  and when braking.   went back , checked all bolts etc.  drove for a week thinking it might go away?? NOT.   so I removed the shackles , truck drives fine now.  Im guessing the slight change of p inion angle to the driveshaft or trans. must be the culprit.  Any one else had this problem?  I was going to buy some shims and try the whole thing over.  All of the movement couldn't be more than 2 degrees change to the pinion but im guessing that's all it took to make the vibration happen.  Any advise would be great. Thanks everyone. in advance.      

Welcome to the site.

You will need the shims, depending on how short your shackles are.

Had the same problem with my 04 RCSB.

Edited by JimCost2014

I did 2in drop shackles and removed the rear lift block and don't have any vibration on my crew cab.

You could also try removing the rear lift block and installing the drop shackles at the 1in mark. That will change the pinion angle less than the 2in drop.