anyone on here have a yellow silverado?

2 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

You should also think about doing your own custom "Transformers"/"Bumblebee" package like they did for the Camaro. That could drum up some interest from folks that see you out.

camaro.jpg

bumblebee.jpg

Please don't do this.  This stopped being "cool" 10 years ago, yet I STILL see folks all giddy driving these things around - and yes, they are fully-grown people!

My son had a transformer yellow Camaro. It look really good with the stripes and all it came with. I had a plumb crazy road runner back in the day. The color is just part of the look. The accents come in to play too. 

Edited by KARNUT
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Please don't do this.  This stopped being "cool" 10 years ago, yet I STILL see folks all giddy driving these things around - and yes, they are fully-grown people!

2 hours ago, spizike9 said:

Let’s be honest. It never was cool. ?

Different strokes for different folks. Thats what makes us all so great and why these forums exist. While not my cup up tea i can totally appreciate it. Some of the more wild colors and stripe packages from the 60s and 70s are the most desired today. Could very well work out that way for todays cars too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smrr1 said:

Different strokes for different folks. Thats what makes us all so great and why these forums exist. While not my cup up tea i can totally appreciate it. Some of the more wild colors and stripe packages from the 60s and 70s are the most desired today. Could very well work out that way for todays cars too. 

Cars with transformers emblems won’t be worth more money in 30 years. Just not going to happen. 

Maybe you misunderstood me though. I was not bagging on bright colored cars with racing stripes etc. I was bagging on cars with stupid transformer emblems. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThatredneckguyJamie said:

Don't listen to all these Debbie downers lol Rock that yellow bumblebee! Of course my kids tell me all the time I am stuck in the 90's so maybe I'm not the best person to listen to

Sure you are. I think being stuck in the past is better most of the time anyway. I’m with you! It wouldn't be in my garage but no reason it shouldn't be in someone elses. I think they are pretty cool looking. 

OP do what YOU want. No need to be concerned with what other people think will make you happy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spizike9 said:

Cars with transformers emblems won’t be worth more money in 30 years. Just not going to happen. 

Maybe you misunderstood me though. I was not bagging on bright colored cars with racing stripes etc. I was bagging on cars with stupid transformer emblems. 

Got ya. I think some of those packages are a little silly myself but gm sold all of them so somebody likes them! I tend to agree they wont be of any extra value down the road but you never know. A lot of stuff is worth money today that people did not expect 20-50 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, spizike9 said:

They said that when my wife bought her Acura Intagra Type R in 2001. It close to tripling it’s original sticker. Movie theme vehicles usually become very valuable. 

1 minute ago, smrr1 said:

Got ya. I think some of those packages are a little silly myself but gm sold all of them so somebody likes them! I tend to agree they wont be of any extra value down the road but you never know. A lot of stuff is worth money today that people did not expect 20-50 years ago. 

I didn’t know GM actually produced a “transformer” car. If that’s the case then yes I can see it being worth a lot down the road.

I’ve just seen a million cars where people put “decepticon” “storm trooper” and “transformer” emblems and decals all over and thinking they are cool. 

4 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

A proper muscle car in a bright, bold color with stripes is a completely different thing than a half-ton pickup truck in a bright, bold color with stripes.  

To you and me and lots of others sure but The guy down the street might disagree. Manufactures wouldn't build them and sell them if there wasn't a demand for them. Cool is in the eye of the guy the pays for it! 

1 hour ago, spizike9 said:

I didn’t know GM actually produced a “transformer” car. If that’s the case then yes I can see it being worth a lot down the road.

I’ve just seen a million cars where people put “decepticon” “storm trooper” and “transformer” emblems and decals all over and thinking they are cool. 

This! Yes manufacturer built is what i am talking about. Not someones at home vinyl built idea of a car. 

Edited by smrr1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

They said that when my wife bought her Acura Intagra Type R in 2001. It close to tripling it’s original sticker. Movie theme vehicles usually become very valuable. 

Those aren’t worth 75k right now. They aren’t even worth 50k right now. Selling price seems to in the 40s depending on condition. 

Edited by spizike9

3 minutes ago, smrr1 said:

This! Yes manufacturer built is what i am talking about. Not someones at vinyl built idea of a car. 

Yeah no doubt those will be worth something. I consider myself a pretty big car nut and really wanted a Camaro when they were reintroduced but didn’t know they had the transformer edition. Thanks for the info.