LT Tirm Navigation SD Card

I was able to find an SD card with an authorization code.  There are not many left in the system.  The dealer was able to get the NAV software installed but it says there is no SD card when there is.  Also, the USB  the center console no longer works.

My dealer is working to figure all this out.  They are attempting to warranty the Nav with GM.  I hope to find out something on Monday.  

I have seen my issue repeated a lot, and that is my guess as to why GM quit offering the SD card upgrade.  If I were doing it again I would use the gm-navigation.com option.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Dealer told me that they charge 600.00 to install card and program. Card part # 84489271 is an active part number, the service tech after talking to shop tech and GM told me if I buy the card it is pretty much plug and play. But others say this is not true the dealer must set up or person with Tech membership or MDI. I am left confused by all the double talk.

The kit # 84489271 comes with card and book with instructions as well as code number for GM assistant? 

Edited by Dan Berryhill
missing number

2 hours ago, Dan Berryhill said:

The Dealer told me that they charge 600.00 to install card and program. Card part # 84489271 is an active part number, the service tech after talking to shop tech and GM told me if I buy the card it is pretty much plug and play. But others say this is not true the dealer must set up or person with Tech membership or MDI. I am left confused by all the double talk.

The kit # 84489271 comes with card and book with instructions as well as code number for GM assistant? 

I went through all this recently.  My dealership was also confused.  

My truck had the 8" display but no Navigation.  As part of my purchase I bought the Nav upgrade for $500 (this was in April).  

It was very hard to get the upgrade kit.  There were only a few in the system and the dealers who had them didn't want to sell them.  They wanted to keep them for their own customers.  My dealership did not find one but I did.  An out-of-state dealership had a kit on hand they had ordered for a Tahoe.  The Tahoe was wrecked in transit so the sold the Nav Kit to me.

My dealership had to first install the Nav software.  To do that they needed the authorization number that came with the upgrade kit, and and they had to use the Tech II or whatever tool they use now to install the software.

When  the Nav software was first installed, the software couldn't read the Nav SD card.  So my dealer ordered a new card as a warranty replacement.  It got lost in shipping so they ordered another.  Unlike the complete upgrade kits, the SD cards were readily available.  When the replacement card finally arrived the Nav still didn't work.

So they did more testing and discovered the card reader was bad.  After the card reader was replaced the Nav system started working with the original SD card that came with the kit I bought.

It is a very good Nav System.  It just took a while to find the kit, troubleshoot, and get it working.

so the card does work without having to change the module like aftermarket companies do?

I now have an LT with conv 2 pkg so I have the sd card.....seems easier as long as dealer knows wtf they are doing

• 1 month later...

i have a 2020 chevrolet silvarado lt trail boss and i wanted to get the navigation up grade check around,if you get the navigation sd card you still got to to take ta dealership and get your infotainment system flash for the navigation app,then hopefully you want have a issue with the sd cardnot being able to bring up the map.if you go to oddgenie you can get a gn nav programer for that will do what the dealership will be doing for 499  and you can reuse  if you ever have a issues and lose the app if you take back to dealership and they do a update and you lose the nav  app on your radio you can flash it back on instead of paying the dealship to reflash .right now i have a issue and i,m calling them to morrow i have the nav app but it want pull the map program up keep telling me to do a restart.that why i think gm decided to get away from these nemory card nav app causing to many problem getting to work right

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of cards out there for sale.  Yes, You really only need the card.....However....There IS an activation code that you need when the dealer does the FLASH on the ECU.   Without the code...the card CAN NOT BE INSTALLED AND ASSIGNED TO THE VIN.

Spent hours going back and forth with the dealership....even the GM Instructions clearly show...when to enter the activation code in the FLASH programer to activate a NON NAVIGATION vehicle.

To be fair....All the IOS 8" Infotainment systems HAVE THE NAV built in, it is not activated...YES, you need a new, unused/unassigned card to make this work.

When you buy the kit from GM...and it is still available for just under $600....it comes with the card...and a code....Not much of a "kit", but it will allow the tech to flash the ECU

The online reseller that requires the core....has the cards and codes...he takes the return units, installs the code in the ECU during the flash in his facility and sells an operating module....true, he agrees there are some issues with the On-Star and the ECU "talking" to each other....does not offer a solution to these issues.  So you buy another ECU... swap it and return the core for a credit.  Then deal with On Star and XM to have them change the serial numbers to re-activate the new ECU serial numbers/codes to return the satelight radio to operational mode.

It is NOT....Simply installing a card and flashing the ECU.

I am neither a GM employee or Tech....Simply a customer who went through the entire experience and expense to learn the hard way....buying the "card" does not install NAV.

Just my five cents!

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, mmisko said:

I have tried twice to email you and get error somthing wrong with  your address. Please advise .

I have tried twice to email you and get error somthing wrong with  your address. Please advise .

12 minutes ago, tbradleysr said:

I have tried twice to email you and get error somthing wrong with  your address. Please advise .

12 minutes ago, tbradleysr said:

Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 6:57 AM, tbradleysr said:

Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] thanks

Just want to make sure I am clear,  the card that you are selling do not have the activation code?   I am think sometime down live I want to activate the internal GM map software so Want to understand the options.

• 3 weeks later...

The card he sent me did not work. I specifically  asked if was plug and play and if the dealership would have to get involved, he guaranteed it would work. I have since tryed to ger my moneyy back but he refuses. Thats where this stands.

17 hours ago, mmisko said:

The card he sent me did not work. I specifically  asked if was plug and play and if the dealership would have to get involved, he guaranteed it would work. I have since tryed to ger my moneyy back but he refuses. Thats where this stands.

Thank you for the update, so it sounds like he did not provide a activation code with the card.   I am going to add SD moduled to the system with the hope of later down line having the Navigation system activated by the dealer or MVI below.

2019 - 2020 Chevrolet Silverado Factory SD Mapping Navigation System (gm-navigation.com)

thanks again

On 2/22/2021 at 6:28 PM, KTDanforth said:

Thank you for the update, so it sounds like he did not provide a activation code with the card.   I am going to add SD moduled to the system with the hope of later down line having the Navigation system activated by the dealer or MVI below.

2019 - 2020 Chevrolet Silverado Factory SD Mapping Navigation System (gm-navigation.com)

thanks again

All i got was the card.

• 1 month later...