LT Tirm Navigation SD Card

On 3/27/2020 at 11:20 PM, Dunn said:

so its same as one this guy is selling for $50?....don't you need whole module and not just card?

or you can do this thru an SD card and not need module....kinda odd to sell a module if all you need is a card and programming,  whats the difference between them

Difference to install......easy-peasy!..... just get out your Scan Tool with a MDI, and (SPS-TIS2WEB) and EL-49642 SPS Programming Support Tool, somehow identify the unique access code for programming the SD card and follow the simple instructions for installation:

Silverado Navigation.pdf

Here's packaging for the $449. SD card installation kit, above instructions have to be printed off by the dealer..

DSCN0909.JPG.b6b955a2678ec00d39cce46b3359cc6c.JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Difference to install......easy-peasy!..... just get out your Scan Tool with a MDI, and (SPS-TIS2WEB) and EL-49642 SPS Programming Support Tool, somehow identify the unique access code for programming the SD card and follow the simple instructions for installation:

Silverado Navigation.pdf 296.82 kB · 4 downloads

Here's packaging for the $449. SD card installation kit, above instructions have to be printed off by the dealer..

DSCN0909.JPG.b6b955a2678ec00d39cce46b3359cc6c.JPG

Thanks for the information. I thought if you bought SD card and had the update done on your vehicle it would work. 

On 3/28/2020 at 10:13 AM, MesaRat said:

not sure about the $50 card.  was told that i need a new module too and spoke with service and sales manager.  i also called another company i found online before i purchased for comparison and was same story for the LT trim 8" HD.  i will ask again on Monday - would kind of suck if it only needs a $50 card since i just paid $450.

You dont need module. Pleas review last post with instructions.

the link (and there are others out there) i posted swaps the module so that your SD reader on center dash is still free and as if it came from the factory, where as the $50 SD card offered by Tony has to stay plugged in to the dash card reader for operation. 

for $400 less i would have gone this route but i already paid for it when i bought the truck 2 weeks ago, it is in and from a 3rd party, and sales dept is now closed till 4/10.

Because I live very very rural, we don't even get USPS, UPS, FedEx or any other delivery service and at times my cell connection is not working..  Also, I go through long stretches of canyons, mountains, etc.  The in dash GPS uses a local data source for all map, addresses, etc and Satellite for traffic update.  Apple, android, etc. require a cell connection, especially if you want to reroute, etc. which has caused issues for me in the past.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2020 with IOS and want Nav.  The dealer couldn't find the SD card since GM quit supporting the upgrade.  I called a big dealer with an online parts store and they happened to have a card that came out of a vehicle wrecked in transport.  It's on its way to me.

Will this card work or is the card only a one-time use deal?  I also assume the dealer has to do the install?  

On 4/25/2020 at 2:30 PM, tbradleysr said:

I have them for sale for $50 each if you want one. Just email me at [email protected]. Part numbers below. 

So I bought a card from Tony but my dealer is clueless what to do. 

how do we get an authorization code the above instructions say we need.?

16 minutes ago, Dinozero said:

So I bought a card from Tony but my dealer is clueless what to do. 

how do we get an authorization code the above instructions say we need.?

You buy a leftover new GM kit if you can find one.  The code only comes with the kit.  pretty sure you might be out $50.    

Also, if those $50 cards are coming out of vehicles (used or even stolen), they are VIN locked and typically will corrupt if installed into another vehicle.  Because the retail price on those two p/ns "tony" is selling is $446/card.    

Note: Do not remove the SD Card with the ignition ON as this could corrupt the SD Card and cause navigation related errors.

Note: Do not swap SD Cards from vehicle to vehicle, SD Cards are VIN specific.

Edited by newdude

14 minutes ago, newdude said:

You buy a leftover new GM kit if you can find one.  The code only comes with the kit.  pretty sure you might be out $50.    

Also, if those $50 cards are coming out of vehicles (used or even stolen), they are VIN locked and typically will corrupt if installed into another vehicle.  Because the retail price on those two p/ns "tony" is selling is $446/card.    

I was afraid you would say that. 

I also bought some OEM fog lights, they were brand new unopened when I received them. 

Dealer says those should have an authorization number also but they didn’t come with any. 

seems like GM could provide an authorization code or even let you buy one. 

34 minutes ago, Dinozero said:

I was afraid you would say that. 

I also bought some OEM fog lights, they were brand new unopened when I received them. 

Dealer says those should have an authorization number also but they didn’t come with any. 

seems like GM could provide an authorization code or even let you buy one. 

Strange your fog kit didn't have them in it.  Did you buy the kit from your dealer?

To add on the card you bought for the nav.  That is the factory replacement card for an IOT radio, so a car/truck that was factory built with nav.  On your LT trim, the nav upgrade kit that has the authorization code in it, that code allows GM to release new calibration files that the dealer has to program into the truck for the instrument cluster, as well as the radio.   So that card even if it were brand new wouldn't work in your situation. 

Also, make sure your truck has the correct radio in the first place, the IOS radio.  

That website posted on the first page is your best bet unless you can find a factory upgrade kit. 

https://www.gm-navigation.com/shop/2019-chevy-silverado-factory-navigation-system/

13 minutes ago, newdude said:

Strange your fog kit didn't have them in it.  Did you buy the kit from your dealer?

To add on the card you bought for the nav.  That is the factory replacement card for an IOT radio, so a car/truck that was factory built with nav.  On your LT trim, the nav upgrade kit that has the authorization code in it, that code allows GM to release new calibration files that the dealer has to program into the truck for the instrument cluster, as well as the radio.   So that card even if it were brand new wouldn't work in your situation. 

Also, make sure your truck has the correct radio in the first place, the IOS radio.  

That website posted on the first page is your best bet unless you can find a factory upgrade kit. 

https://www.gm-navigation.com/shop/2019-chevy-silverado-factory-navigation-system/

Couple things updated. 

1. thankfully the fog lights did have the code. It was just small and didn’t see it on the one page that came with the items. 

2. they have told me I’m out of luck unless I want to buy a $400 card with the authorization code. 

I think I wasted $50

that sucks.....I just got my new truck and it has premium infotainment but not navigation....I may check it out later, the system is nicer than than the one on my RST....conv 2 pkg got me the better system