2017 Sierra GMC 1500 torque converter

2 hours ago, Dwayne Walley said:

Is there a Break In time for a new installed torque converter?

Mine had a shudder at 60-70mph. They found fine metal in the fluid and replaced it. I think i still feel the shudder. Dealer shop says to drive a few hundred miles to break in.

DW

8 Speed or 6 ?

Mine had a shudder at 60-70mph. They found fine metal in the fluid and replaced it. I think i still feel the shudder. Dealer shop says to drive a few hundred miles to break in.

DW
Not to veer off your question but did you get yours replaced under warranty? If so how did you talk them into it? I just got mine back yesterday from the dealer. They said they couldn't find an issue. No codes, fluid good and is blaming my shudder at 70mph on tires. I know it's not tires because it was present before I put on new tires.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Not to veer off your question but did you get yours replaced under warranty? If so how did you talk them into it? I just got mine back yesterday from the dealer. They said they couldn't find an issue. No codes, fluid good and is blaming my shudder at 70mph on tires. I know it's not tires because it was present before I put on new tires.

That’s BS on their part, take it to any Chevy or GMC dealership and go from there.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

DW

Take your truck to a Discount Tire or similar, ask for a Road Force Balancing and go from there, if it’s still the same then go back to the dealership and tell them to fix it cause it’s not the tires.

Sent from Above

I had this happen on my girls Camry.. when they installed a new one per service bulletin, it was truly like a new car.. drive so smooth.. maybe because we just ignored it and got used to it but. In my opinion.. it should work perfect with the new one. No “break in time”.. then again I’m no engineer, just a helicopter mechanic so what do I know. 

That’s BS on their part, take it to any Chevy or GMC dealership and go from there.

Sent from Above
I did have it at chevy. I might have to try another. To be honest I think they may be pushing me off till my warranty ends before it's fixed. I didnt tell them I have an extended.

• Like 1

Take your truck to a Discount Tire or similar, ask for a Road Force Balancing and go from there, if it’s better then it was the tires, if not then go back to the dealership and tell them to fix it.

Sent from Above

Highly doubt that, they get paid for the work they do through Gmc. I once had steering issues in my 2016 Duramax, took it to closer dealership and they found nothing wrong, took it to another and they replaced the steering box. Best thing you can do is go elsewhere for a second diagnosis without bringing up another dealership.

Sent from Above

Highly doubt that, they get paid for the work they do through Gmc. I once had steering issues in my 2016 Duramax, took it to closer dealership and they found nothing wrong, took it to another and they replaced the steering box. Best thing you can do is go elsewhere for a second diagnosis without bringing up another dealership.

Sent from Above
Copy that.