Borla ATAK or keep my Carven?

• 1 month later...
On 2/29/2020 at 5:49 AM, dieselfan1 said:

I have the Borla S type and I kind of wish I went with the ATAK. So I emailed Borla and asked if they sold the ATAK muffler alone, and of course they said they don't sell them separately emoji19.png . The S type sounds good just not as loud .

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have stype on 2017 5.3 both sides out. Imo I love mine(touring..lol..why bother)聽. I do like the atak jus a lil loud for me. I mite suggest or I mite try a high flow cat or even remove.. 100%it will b loader than a stype but still less than a atak w cat.聽聽

On 2/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, mikedeezxxx said:

I have the Borla Atak cat back with dual side exits. Sounds great. It鈥檚 quiet when you want and louder with more gas pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pictures or sound sound clips? I am considering putting this on my 2015.

On 4/12/2020 at 4:31 AM, no12nv said:

I have stype on 2017 5.3 both sides out. Imo I love mine(touring..lol..why bother)聽. I do like the atak jus a lil loud for me. I mite suggest or I mite try a high flow cat or even remove.. 100%it will b loader than a stype but still less than a atak w cat.聽聽

i did ask my dealership how the GM performance exaust sounds and he said well its really made by borla and the middle one in loudness. he let me test drive a 19 with that catback setup installed and it sounded great on the outside but not droney at all on the inside. was quite pleasent.

2016 5.3 I have the ATAK dual side exit. I'm a senior citizen and I love the sound of it. Crackles a bit on startup but quiets down in a few seconds. I live in the country so no early morning starts to bother my neighbors. I plugged in a Range device day one so no idea on drone. If I was in town tight to a neighbor, he might not like it at 5:30 am.

• Like 1