Borla ATAK or keep my Carven?

Currently running the Carven competitor cat back. absolutely love it, but I am pretty sure I heard an ATAK today in town passing another Silverado.. it definitely turned my head. Anyone have any experience with the two or or have a preference? AmericanTrucks says the Borla ATAK is the only cutback that is louder than the Carven.

I have never heard the Carven setup but I've heard the ATAK in person and it is menacing. I'm getting one this spring when the weather starts to warm up around here - single exit passenger side with dual black tips. Can almost hear it in my head right now...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I could give 2 flying facks about any exhaust the quieter the better.  Though, I did run a guy down in a parking lot asking what exhaust he has because it purrs!

CARVEN, he said. First time I ever heard one and was impressed.

Edited by mookdoc6

hmmm, I will get some pics and try to get a video up tonight of mine. I love the single exit matte black tip. when I want it can get pretty obnoxious. So when I heard the dude from American trucks say that the ATAK was louder I was almost in disbelief. 

hmmm, I will get some pics and try to get a video up tonight of mine. I love the single exit matte black tip. when I want it can get pretty obnoxious. So when I heard the dude from American trucks say that the ATAK was louder I was almost in disbelief. 
With a resonator its loud when you want it. This dude is a member here. Very responsive if your looking for his experience with it. Got headphones?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Not familiar with that particular setup but Flowmasters are nice. Had Super 44's on a custom straight-x-pipe-straight setup on a V6 Charger and everyone thought I had a souped up V8 just from the sound. Cold start was nice and not very loud but man when you step on it......

I'm going with a Borla kit this time around though.

On 2/24/2020 at 3:48 PM, Snowcamo said:

With a resonator its loud when you want it. This dude is a member here. Very responsive if your looking for his experience with it. Got headphones?

That sounds real good

• Like 1

That sounds real good
Heck ya man. I'm having a time as I debate on the atak or black widow 250. I also wonder if it will sound remotely close to with stock manifolds/cats and if I'll even need a resonator.

Heck ya man. I'm having a time as I debate on the atak or black widow 250. I also wonder if it will sound remotely close to with stock manifolds/cats and if I'll even need a resonator.

I have the Borla S type and I kind of wish I went with the ATAK. So I emailed Borla and asked if they sold the ATAK muffler alone, and of course they said they don't sell them separately [emoji19] . The S type sounds good just not as loud .

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have the Borla S type and I kind of wish I went with the ATAK. So I emailed Borla and asked if they sold the ATAK muffler alone, and of course they said they don't sell them separately [emoji19] . The S type sounds good just not as loud .

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

They might not but it goes for approx $250 on a few other sites. [emoji16] [emoji106] I gotta buy the wife some stuff to smooth this out lol. Im sure I'll be 4-500 in all said and done.