110V outlet on interior

JSW74

Has anyone added the 110V outlet to there interior and if so how difficult. I have a 2019 RST Z71 and it does not have it and I would like to add it. I don't know if behind the blank plate if the wiring is there or not but if anyone could add some insight I would greatly appreciate it. 

I plan on doing this in mine as well, used it often in my 15.
Im going to get a good inverter and run a new primary wire from the battery (will be useful in the future as well) then connect to the factory blank with some diy.
You could most likely make 3 of your own for what the dealer wants.

Ps I believe this has been covered multiple times.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, hootyburra said:

I plan on doing this in mine as well, used it often in my 15.
Im going to get a good inverter and run a new primary wire from the battery (will be useful in the future as well) then connect to the factory blank with some diy.
You could most likely make 3 of your own for what the dealer wants.

Ps I believe this has been covered multiple times.

Used it for what. I just ordered a 2020 that has that inside plug. So I'm asking what would I use it for?

Used it for what. I just ordered a 2020 that has that inside plug. So I'm asking what would I use it for?
Everything from a crock pot to keep food warm traveling to parties, to chargers for tools. It even ran the combustion blower for my stoker stove in a pinch once when I lost power.
Iirc it was nowhere near 15 amps, couldn't run high draw items.

• 3 years later...

The panel on my 2019 Silverado 1500 RST can be pried off and voila! Two plugs are attached to the back of it. They fit perfectly into an OE electric power outlet I bought to begin a power outlet project. Car companies put in these simple inexpensive harness pigtails to make it easier for their assemblers at the plant. Now the problem presented is what/where do these go to behind the dash? The easy answer would probably be to analyze the wire color codes for the vehicle and trace them back to somewhere.

Edited by Alan D Learned
Poor grammar

On 2/28/2023 at 4:43 PM, Alan D Learned said:

The panel on my 2019 Silverado 1500 RST can be pried off and voila! Two plugs are attached to the back of it. They fit perfectly into an OE electric power outlet I bought to begin a power outlet project. Car companies put in these simple inexpensive harness pigtails to make it easier for their assemblers at the plant. Now the problem presented is what/where do these go to behind the dash? The easy answer would probably be to analyze the wire color codes for the vehicle and trace them back to somewhere.

Yes there are wires there. I believe there are even wires that run to the rear for the bed plug as well. The inverter is mounted on the back wall of the cab behind the seat. However just hooking things up won't make it work like from the factory.

• Like 1