New Spare Tire Question

Trailboss with 18inch from factory. Just bought a set of 20 inch AT4 rims which have 1 inch taller 275/60/20 tires. Gm gives you a taller 33 inch spare on a 255 80 17.

So should I get the factory spare for about $150, or look for a blem 20 inch rim and try to get a used 275/60/20 tire to match?

I tow a travel trailer and will also be driving cross country this fall for a hunt trip.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I guess my question is, since I have to get a new spare either way is it better to have a real matching 20 inch rim with an identical load tire vs the 255/80/17 temporary use tire considering long highway trips and/or the occasional 5,000 lb travel trailer being towed behind.

17 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I guess my question is, since I have to get a new spare either way is it better to have a real matching 20 inch rim with an identical load tire vs the 255/80/17 temporary use tire considering long highway trips and/or the occasional 5,000 lb travel trailer being towed behind.

In reality, it will not matter as long as your spare can also carry the load. Most cars that do come with a spare do not have a full size OD spare(close to OD but might be an inch or two smaller). if possible put it on the front(less load and your G80 wont get confused). 

You will be perfectly fine running it for a few hundred miles/ until you get your tire fixed/replaced.

-Americas/Discount tire REP. 

I damaged one of my 20 inch factory wheels on my Silverado curb damage very noticeable, and I’ve be wrestling with this for months lol I do I want to have it repaired ( I work at a tire shop and we use  a wheel repair shop that does fantastic work) or do I wanna buy a take off and use this one as a spare lol. Take off wheel on eBay for my wheel style run 225+ repair will cost me 80 and I’m thinking about just getting it repaired.