In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What is too many miles for 6.2L?

I bought a 2016 5.3 with 96k miles in late 2018, I have no regrets on doing that.

The 6.2 to 5.3 makes no difference, one just has more cubic inches but they are use the same style parts and programming.

It's a used truck, so prepare for used truck maintenance. If there is vehicle history that is even better so you can track what has and hasn't been touched in that 97,000 miles.

There are engineering failures and then there are service failures. I figure if a power train makes it to 25K miles without issue it has pasted the engineering SNAFU's. IF it has had meticulous documented  maintenance AND the Odometer and clock math don't indicate a motor that spends it's life idling or around town short hopping, it stands a great chance of going a loooooooooong way. General condition will tell you volumes about it's previous owners attitude about such things. Fitment will tell you the service. 

Past that, what Cameron said.  I don't think there is a clock on a powertrain if it's been treated right. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

True,true if the truck was owned from somebody like Grumpy the 96k is pretty much meaningless other than using 96k as a reference for going forward on maintenance.  I already told Grumpy I know somebody willing to buy his.....Pepper! CASH.....

• Like 1

Sounds like a great price. I have a 5.3 silverado but my brother in law has a yukon Denali with the 6.2 and loves it. Over 100k. Still gives me a run even with all that weight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk