Wet floor boards

Started installing a set of amp steps last night and when I pulled the carpet back to run some wires I noted the floor was very wet. I have rubber floor mats so it’s had to say how long it has been wet. 

It appears to be centered around the two large plastic caps/plugs. The cable area by the door sill is dry, it’s just the center section that’s wet. He sealant around them looks ok. I have an appt Tuesday to have the dealer look at it. 

1385400A-6C76-444B-9707-11D064428F57.jpeg

I dropped it off this morning, its raining pretty good today so hopefully that helps. Dealer says they have seen some winshields leaking and suspects that but they would put it in the wash rack and spray top and underside to try and find it. 

Dealer said they found the sunroof drain tube diconnected. This allowed water to drain onto the floor pan instead of through the floor grommet. Probably pull the carpet again next good rain we get to make sure its fixed. 

40 minutes ago, sdelam said:

Dealer said they found the sunroof drain tube disconnected. This allowed water to drain onto the floor pan instead of through the floor grommet. Probably pull the carpet again next good rain we get to make sure its fixed. 

Thanks for the update. I don't have to worry about that issue as I don't have a sunroof. But now I'm worried about the rear window and spoiler leaking.

51 minutes ago, sdelam said:

Dealer said they found the sunroof drain tube diconnected. This allowed water to drain onto the floor pan instead of through the floor grommet. Probably pull the carpet again next good rain we get to make sure its fixed. 

Hopefully that's all it is but did you have them do a water test or did they say if they did? A month after buying my 2019 I would randomly hear water sloshing and could not figure out where it was. At first I thought someone had left a water bottler in the truck or something but never found one. Came out to my truck after a very hard rain and and my driver side mat was COVERED in water. My windshield had been leaking for a month without me knowing it as the dealership said the seal was not completed on the windshield and the sloshing was water in my dash.

45 minutes ago, Forrest_E said:

Hopefully that's all it is but did you have them do a water test or did they say if they did? A month after buying my 2019 I would randomly hear water sloshing and could not figure out where it was. At first I thought someone had left a water bottler in the truck or something but never found one. Came out to my truck after a very hard rain and and my driver side mat was COVERED in water. My windshield had been leaking for a month without me knowing it as the dealership said the seal was not completed on the windshield and the sloshing was water in my dash.

They said they did water tests from above and below. Based on the hard water stains all over the truck I'd say they hosed it down pretty good. Hard to say how long mine was leaking since I have the rubber floor mats. Its supposed to rain again tomorrow so I will probably pull the carpet back friday and make sure i dont have anything else leaking. 

• Like 1