Coronavirus

KARNUT

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

World chart I keep on that data that was flat has taken off again gaining a bit more than 300 cases day over day with a positive acceleration. Currently 4,500 per day above the 80-K per day previous plateau.

What do you attribute this to?  More testing, more socialization, mutation, or what?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Zip said:

What do you attribute this to?  More testing, more socialization, mutation, or what?

The 3 states I’m watching, Florida, Georgia, Texas are doing well. Texas has had an uptick. A meat packing plant and increase testing are the results. Hospital stays continue to drop. So the curve is doing well so far.

35 minutes ago, The Zip said:

Testing is up 10 fold or more in most jurisdictions.  It's not equating to more hospitalizations either?  Shocked?  Guidelines for states to follow the charting on deaths as COVID-19 related?  Yeah, your going to get more cases.....the bottom line is it equates to more rationalized civilized VIRUS.  AS we start the freefall of cases/deaths is the HYSTERIA still loud and clear in the MEDIA?  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Zip said:

Well since it's the WORLD chart and the US is in an overall decline at the moment is seems to be finding to hunting grounds as I pointed out in this truncated quote. Brazil, Russia, Peru, Chile, Indonesia, India to name a few on rapid rise. Russia is a puzzler. Not an equatorial region or southern hemisphere country. They do seem to be turning a corner. India is a country with a huge population. China like and yet their cases, although climbing are a fraction of the US daily in pretest days. Might have something to do with the rigid and brutal enforcement of 'get in your hole' orders. Just a guess. Like China they don't get as much liberty as the western world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

A meat packing plant and increase testing are the results.

1 hour ago, mookdoc6 said:

Testing is up 10 fold or more in most jurisdictions.  It's not equating to more hospitalizations either?  Shocked?  Guidelines for states to follow the charting on deaths as COVID-19 related?  Yeah, your going to get more cases.....the bottom line is it equates to more rationalized civilized VIRUS. 

54 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Might have something to do with the rigid and brutal enforcement of 'get in your hole' orders. Just a guess. Like China they don't get as much liberty as the western world. 

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

They were short before, as with most blue states. Here’s an idea, open up and collect taxes. I’m short many bucks from my vacation condo rentals in Myrtle beach. I have a rainy day fund. It’s called preparing. With the density in New York there’s only one excuse for their problem, waste. 

When it comes to Federal funding, there are 10 states that pay more per capita in federal taxes than they receive in federal funding.  Surprisingly, 8/10 are blue states that pay more than they receive.  NY and NJ are part of those 10.  Here's the source, it's actually quite interesting.  While there is definitely wasteful spending across the board, it doesn't help that they're funding other states.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2019/03/20/how-much-federal-funding-each-state-receives-government/39202299/

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ithan Henry said:

When it comes to Federal funding, there are 10 states that pay more per capita in federal taxes than they receive in federal funding.  Surprisingly, 8/10 are blue states that pay more than they receive.  NY and NJ are part of those 10.  Here's the source, it's actually quite interesting.  While there is definitely wasteful spending across the board, it doesn't help that they're funding other states.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2019/03/20/how-much-federal-funding-each-state-receives-government/39202299/

With the couple of rounds of money, didn't we provide a round to the airlines?  If I remember correctly, Boeing was in trouble before the virus and they received money to stay afloat.  There is no way NY being decimated by the virus, be allowed to make a decision what essential services to cut because of money they are rightfully warranted.  (According to your link)

5 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I never got the flu shot. I learned some new things I never thought of in germ transmission. I imagine with all the new procedures with opening up even the flu will be less this season. It will be nice getting back to those important threads. You know when to change the oil, at what time. How about those mufflers. I’m really miss those oil analysts threads. Kidding aside normalcies will be nice.

HAHAHA I get a kick out of those I have been thinking letting the air out of my tires into a jar and sending it out and see if its still good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Yeah, your going to get more cases.....the bottom line is it equates to more rationalized civilized VIRUS. 

Read that cases in Korea were testing positive again, except the virus was dead.  Don't know if that's what you mean, but they are allowing those folks to move around.

NY does not have enough money to sustain police, hospitals, firefighters, schools, and foodbanks, what do you cut first to compensate?  Sorry Ithan, schools will probably be the first ones on the block to go.  I would cut all the power to Wall Street first to see what that generates.

This is bs. It’s all a farce to try and obtain federal funding. Just like we needed more ventilators. Bullshit. Cops and firefighters pensions helped bail out the city in the 70’s. There’s a lot of money in the pension fund that the city has been collecting interest on for decades and still are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The thing that concerns me is commercial taxes. Many stores in Manhattan are and will remain shut down. The problem is the banks. When it comes to these storefronts and flagships in Manhattan the prices are sky high. 30-40k+ a month to lease. Why so high? Owners pull equity from real estate and negotiate rental income from bank. Banks won’t allow the lease for anything less after this. Commercial real estate market could crash because commercial front stores are becoming the past. Just a thought

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Zip said:

Read that cases in Korea were testing positive again, except the virus was dead.  Don't know if that's what you mean, but they are allowing those folks to move around.

I don't want you to get to worked up on that aspect and as Health Care provider that is something we should expect to see and it's a good thing!  Remember this is not a virus from the Andromeda Strain.

57 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Cops and firefighters pensions helped bail out the city in the 70’s. There’s a lot of money in the pension fund that the city has been collecting interest on for decades and still are.

Sound like you are a NY resident.  Hopefully NY won't need the cops and firefighters to use their pension some 50 yrs later.

17 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

I don't want you to get to worked up on that aspect and as Health Care provider that is something we should expect to see and it's a good thing! 

Yeah not worked up, just something I read.  Ok, good to know. 

Sound like you are a NY resident.  Hopefully NY won't need the cops and firefighters to use their pension some 50 yrs later.

Unfortunately, I am from ny. I would love to leave. It’s funny, growing up in the five boros as a kid I said I’m never leaving. As I got older and having kids I couldn’t wait to get out of the city and move north of it. I wish I could up and leave but I can’t. I’m bound to the city for work and have all my immediate family here.