2019 6.2l cold start sound

So I maybe crazy, but you know when you change your oil and when you start the engine after putting new engine oil in you get a quick lifter noise until the engine pressure comes up and oil flows throughout the engine?  Well I get that noise every morning, engine must completely drain to pain and it’s like it’s got that noise of starting dry every morning after sitting over night,

5609 miles, I changed original oil at 3500, replaced with Amsoil Signature and Amsoil filter,  i

anyone else hearing this?

6 hours ago, jbshoo said:

So I maybe crazy, but you know when you change your oil and when you start the engine after putting new engine oil in you get a quick lifter noise until the engine pressure comes up and oil flows throughout the engine?  Well I get that noise every morning, engine must completely drain to pain and it’s like it’s got that noise of starting dry every morning after sitting over night,

5609 miles, I changed original oil at 3500, replaced with Amsoil Signature and Amsoil filter,  i

Cap, is the oil approved by GM?  Did you change the viscosity?

I also get a slight tick every morning. Appears to be on driver side. Goes away when warm. Started at about 10k miles. I use shell rotella gas truck. I have the 5.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently running 0w20.. could be the pump noise, not sure,  I’ll take a video and post tomorrow morning.. is the oil approved by GM? It has all and more certifications to comply with Gm specs,

Edited by jbshoo

28 minutes ago, jbshoo said:

Currently running 0w20.. could be the pump noise, not sure,  I’ll take a video and post tomorrow morning.. is the oil approved by GM? It has all and more certifications to comply with Gm specs,

No, Amsoil isn’t Dexos certified. While it exceeds the actual standards, they didn’t pay GM the “Dexos ransom” as some would call it. But hey...Amsoil products are “warranty secure“. Which means GM will blame the Amsoil, Amsoil will blame GM for a manufacturing defect, and nothing will get fixed in the meantime. ?

Only kidding, of course. I’ve never specifically heard of anyone having warranty problems over using Amsoil or anything else within spec.

DI engines are noisy and generally sound like crap. But mine never makes any odd noises upon startup that it doesn’t make any other time. Just using the AC Delco oil and filter.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...