GMPartsDirect.com is awful

Ive ordered once before from them in the past no problems. Order went and and i received parts in a timely manor.

This current time its being slow as ******. I placed the order and in a day it went On Hold. Thought well could be due to corona virus thing so whatever. But a week later it was still on hold and i was starting to wonder if its something on my end.. I tried to call 3 times, filled out a contact us form on their website, emailed the help email - no responses. I find thier google maps rating is a 1.7 with 17 reviews all saying the same problems i have... Several users had to contact the North Carolina States Attorney and BBB to even get a damn response from them and do chargebacks on their CC. I find out they are tied into Flow GM in Salem, NC in the same parking lot. So i do their chat to their sales team. The lady was nice and said they will call me. They called the next day and said well we sent an email the day after you ordered saying we need an ID because of the parts total. Did you check your spam folder? I say no but i will send it right away. Sure enough buried in the spam folder there is an email... Kinda pissed me off even though they had my phone number from the order form no calls, no calls back, no emails back, no contact form back to me... That was 2 days ago i sent my ID and Ive called emailed and filled out another chat form asking if thats all they need from me and its still says on hold... Going to try to cancel the whole damn order tomorrow and send money to one of 2 more places that got back to me right away...

Edited by txab

Responded in your other thread too.  Have also done business with Flow GMC, the parts department and the shop and they were great.  Too bad the internet side seems overwhelmed.  Don't seem like the kind of folks that don't care.  I still remember how sweet the parts lady was and they stayed open late for me while the tech finished working on my truck.

I once again tried to call 3 times today, sent an email, filled out another 2 forms to cancel my order - no responses. I feel I should notify my credit card to block all possible charges from them and hell the entire state if they try to charge me. If i have to i will try to find the dealerships manager and tell him to cancel the order - this ****** is ridiculous.

Meanwhile i found another vendor (another parts department from a different dealer) I called, talked to the guy, he looked up the parts said i got the clockspring in stock on my shelf and the wheel i can get in my hands by monday from our warehouse if you put the order in soon. SO i put the order in, was verified in 40 minutes, they called back and said everything was good and they will send a tracking number when both parts leave their shop hopefully Monday but probably Tuesday. Very professional. I will write a separate review about them when i get the parts in my hand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Waffle34 said:

I once again tried to call 3 times today, sent an email, filled out another 2 forms to cancel my order - no responses. I feel I should notify my credit card to block all possible charges from them and hell the entire state if they try to charge me. If i have to i will try to find the dealerships manager and tell him to cancel the order - this ****** is ridiculous.

Their online system doesn't work that fast, it's more old school.  Glad you found a more responsive seller and do promote their good works!

Maybe try calling them. They may be having other issues with things that are going on. I am finding that and have been told that because of all the people at home right now using the net it is painfully slow. 

I have ordered lots of parts from gmpartsdirect. Never had any issues. I think you need to be a little understanding of the times we are in rite now. The shipping system is majorly clogged up. I just ordered oil and oil filters for 2 dif vehicles I have from Walmart and it is taking 11 days to get to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 6:24 AM, mikedeezxxx said:

I have ordered lots of parts from gmpartsdirect. Never had any issues. I think you need to be a little understanding of the times we are in rite now. The shipping system is majorly clogged up. I just ordered oil and oil filters for 2 dif vehicles I have from Walmart and it is taking 11 days to get to me.

I understand the times were in but there cannot be that many orders to this one dealership they cant even respond to an email, a help ticket, multiple phone calls or voicemails, for over 2 weeks...Look at their google rating - a 1.7. when multiple people have identical problems with them for years its not covid related.

BTW they finally responded today about me wanting to cancel my order. no emails or anything just says order status canceled. Im glad i dont have to get the bank involved at least.

Edited by Waffle34
  • Sad 1