The Watering Hole.

Grumpy Bear

I heard a Minister say once when ask how to deal with stupid.

"Save your money and buy good Whisky".

My Doctor asked me if I drink.

"Sure", I say.

"Do you ever get headaches"?

"Once in awhile".

"Buy better Whiskey".

Who am I to argue with professionals?

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Weller Reserve (Green Label)

What's your favorite?

• Like 2

My preferred is Myers Dark Jamaican Rum...…….But any Dark will do, Lemon Hart, Lambs etc. I have a prized bottle of Bundaburg Dark Rum from Australia.

Edited by Likarok
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Likarok said:

My preferred is Myers Dark Jamaican Rum...…….But any Dark will do, Lemon Hart, Lambs etc. I have a prized bottle of Bundaburg Dark Rum from Australia.

Years ago I had a gal pal that went to the island twice a year. Always brought me back a bottle of Jamaican 191. I could never tell when that girl was mad at me or trying to take advantage. :crackup: Whiskey man now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Likarok said:

I guess I must have been a Pirate in a previous life. 

• Haha 2

So I'm trying a nice Evan Williams Single Barrel last night killing a few hours and this Black Widow Spider started chatting me up. 

I let her ramble for an hour or so. She seemed a nice sort. At least she is still employed. 

Think she said she was a Web Designer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Likarok said:

We might have to amalgamate this thread with the Coronavirus one. There are some guys on there that sound like they could use a drink...…….or two! lol 

Or maybe had a dozen already. :crackup:

Ever read these whiskey review sites? http://whiskyadvocate.com/

There are dozens but that one is easy to navigate and has allot of reviews. It's the tasters the amuse me. Laugh my butt off reading them. I suppose it's like perfume people. One in a hundred million people actually could tell the difference. Less would actually care. Most go, hu????

In my early 20's, a long time ago, a close friend and wine maker in his 70's then gave me a two minute run down on wine. "Selection is simple", he said, "Drink it and if you like it, it's a good one". He added, "Anything past that is snobbery". 

A 46 year old Bowmore $13,500 single malt. Bottled in 1964 there are but 8 bottles in the USA. Imagine spending that sort of money, pouring a glass. Then.....meh! Then....a $12 bottle of Evan Williams black label and hummmmmm. I see why it's on the shelf of every dive in America. :crackup:

• 4 months later...