Front park assist malfunction?

2016 Silverado LTZ, front park assist warning going off while in reverse, stays on while driving. Washed front of truck off earlier to clean off dead bugs, wiped it down sprayed a cleaning product on it to prevent bugs from sticking.  Is there a fuse I can pull to maybe reset? Tried turning system on and off by switch   Front sensors look clear of anything on it 

AC2B2723-97A8-4AE3-B74A-08B86B380888.jpeg

image.jpg

5 hours ago, Kristy Tim said:

2016 Silverado LTZ, front park assist warning going off while in reverse, stays on while driving. Washed front of truck off earlier to clean off dead bugs, wiped it down sprayed a cleaning product on it to prevent bugs from sticking.  Is there a fuse I can pull to maybe reset? Tried turning system on and off by switch   Front sensors look clear of anything on it 

AC2B2723-97A8-4AE3-B74A-08B86B380888.jpeg

image.jpg

Found this:

MC-10111734-9999.pdf

1 hour ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Can you look up behind the bumper shell and see if you can unplug the offending sensors and plug them back in?

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

Hey! I’ll check it out thanks 

10 minutes ago, Kristy Tim said:

Nice!  Ok so this issue has seemed to fix itself!  Gremlins? LOL. 

Could have been the blue rag stuck on your license plate?

Could have been the cleaner in the sensors, then when it finally dried, they work again?

Have you always owned the truck? When the batteries start failing, you will see all kinds of electrical gremlins.

33 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Could have been the blue rag stuck on your license plate?

Could have been the cleaner in the sensors, then when it finally dried, they work again?

Have you always owned the truck? When the batteries start failing, you will see all kinds of electrical gremlins.

LOL!! The blue rag was to hide the plate! Haha. The truck, bought it a week ago yesterday, but i have All the history on it.  I got it at a dealer, but found the original owners number and we chatted yesterday. Feel bad for the guy. The truck was part of a divorce and u can see he reallly loved this truck!  He just asked that i continue To love the truck as much as he did.  Yeah I’m guessing the sensors dried out ??‍♀️

18 minutes ago, Kristy Tim said:

LOL!! The blue rag was to hide the plate! Haha. The truck, bought it a week ago yesterday, but i have All the history on it.  I got it at a dealer, but found the original owners number and we chatted yesterday. Feel bad for the guy. The truck was part of a divorce and u can see he reallly loved this truck!  He just asked that i continue To love the truck as much as he did.  Yeah I’m guessing the sensors dried out ??‍♀️

Congratulations on your new to you truck.

Might want to check into the TSB, and any other recalls just to make sure your truck is current (much like updates on your computer).

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

Congratulations on your new to you truck.

Might want to check into the TSB, and any other recalls just to make sure your truck is current (much like updates on your computer).

I took It to the dealer a few days ago. They had for the brake vacuum and airbag.  I declined The brake one cause my truck doesn’t have that issue and i was Told after the software update i could Potentially lose brakes. My brother has a 17 Sierra and one of his friends work at a GMC dealer.   I told the guy at the dealer if i experience the ABS engaging at slow speed abrupt stops I’ll make an appt 

17 minutes ago, Kristy Tim said:

I took It to the dealer a few days ago. They had for the brake vacuum and airbag.  I declined The brake one cause my truck doesn’t have that issue and i was Told after the software update i could Potentially lose brakes. My brother has a 17 Sierra and one of his friends work at a GMC dealer.   I told the guy at the dealer if i experience the ABS engaging at slow speed abrupt stops I’ll make an appt 

If they are willing to replace the vacuum pump under warranty (for free), I would take advantage of it.

The new pumps are updated versions, so it is not only a software update.

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

If they are willing to replace the vacuum pump under warranty (for free), I would take advantage of it.

The new pumps are updated versions, so it is not only a software update.

It was jut an update for mine. Why fix it if it ain’t broken