CD Player Delete...Possible?

'16 with 8" non-Bose. Want to lose the cd player to have room for my lc7i and dont listen to CDs. Unhooked it and entire system dies. Is there some kind of delete cable I can get/make?

Internet searches have come up with nothing so far.

@pgamboa?

• 7 months later...
do i need special programming to install a dvd player into the 8" entertainment system or is it plug and play , toss the cd out install dvd unit???

Programming for multiple modules wiring and screen.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2019-k2xx-front-rear-seat-entertainment-retrofit-upgrade-blu-ray-dvd/
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GTPprix said:

thats a bit steep to watch a dvd on my screen, i can watch some movies on the trucks screen with a usb in the glove box.  i wish there was an easier way to do this.

is it possible to take a blueray or dvd player from a PC with a sata connection,  converted to usb with adapter,  heck office depot has usb dvds for laptops too, then plug that into the glove box port to watch a cd?

Edited by flyingfool

13 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

thats a bit steep to watch a dvd on my screen, i can watch some movies on the trucks screen with a usb in the glove box.  i wish there was an easier way to do this.

is it possible to take a blueray or dvd player from a PC with a sata connection,  converted to usb with adapter, then plug that into the glove box port to watch a cd?

No.

do i need special programming to install a dvd player into the 8" entertainment system or is it plug and play , toss the cd out install dvd unit???

You have to replace the screen to a compatible 8” screen that has the decoder to play the DVDs too. I did it to mine. Screen, HMI unlocked (to get video button), DVD player, custom retrofit harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, flyingfool said:

whats the diffence between the movie installed on the usb vs, remote dvd plugged into the usb port? data is data...

Video format. DVD's are multiple files that get put together in sequence and decoded by firmware. Typically this is done at the OS level on a PC with USB dvd player or locally in a home based dvd player. The videos you can play from a usb stick are already encoded to the correct format and put together. Which is why you can't just download a single file from a BR/DVD to make a "backup". You need to use software to rip all of the separate components and stitch them together to make a single playable file. Typically MP4, AVI, or MKV.

• Sad 1