2021 getting Wireless CarPlay...

On 12/7/2020 at 4:24 PM, bharris515 said:

Am I reading this right? The upgrade will include navigation?

"For vehicles without HD radio, the upgrade will also enable it. For the cost, WAMS will also upgrade your infotainment to include navigation as well."

For me, I'll stick to Waze via CarPlay. But for many, that might help justify the price tag.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, bharris515 said:

You're lucky with the carplay2air. I've bought 2 thinking the first was just bad and it was a pain in the ass to return. Neither one worked for me.

Yeah I don’t want to update anything incase it screwes it up lol. If it didn’t work I would be buying this module as well. Just not sure why the dealers can’t reprogram our modules instead of buying all new. 

Just now, mx_master said:

Yeah I don’t want to update anything incase it screwes it up lol. If it didn’t work I would be buying this module as well. Just not sure why the dealers can’t reprogram our modules instead of buying all new. 

I agree. Good news is this is a factory GM module made for the '21. White automotive just programs it with your vin number to work flawlessly in the 20. Worth every penny IMO!

Just now, bharris515 said:

I agree. Good news is this is a factory GM module made for the '21. White automotive just programs it with your vin number to work flawlessly in the 20. Worth every penny IMO!

Yeah exactly! I know if my carplay2air dies or stops working I’ll be ordering one of these the same day lol. Having everything wireless is wicked specially if your keeping the vehicle for many years. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, bharris515 said:

I'm another happy White Automotive and Media customer. Their Wireless CarPlay upgrade works flawlessly for me. the price was a bit hard to swallow but once I got over that, I was good to go.

If I spent more time driving my truck it might be worth it to me. I have the carplay2air and it works most of the time - although frustrating when it doesn't. I really only need carplay for long trips to get Waze which also sucks the phone battery dry - so the cable connection takes care of that (I don't have wireless charging).

I have a 2021 silverado 2500hd with carplay wireless projection... my experience is (with just 1k I put on the truck so far)... it's finicky to establish a connection via bluetooth for carplay. I've had waaaaaay more failure than success.  But I have gotten it to work 3xs.  I'm a tech guy and baffled. Wired usb works fine. Onstar has been no help for a solution, they play right out of a scripted play book and in the end, I'm no better off. Disappointing, I've been so looking forward to that feature working seamlessly. Seems more work is needed for integration to flawlessly do what was paid for.  Bummed... Open to any ideas... altho I think I've tried them all minus taking it to the dealer. 

6 hours ago, tortiseshell said:

I have a 2021 silverado 2500hd with carplay wireless projection... my experience is (with just 1k I put on the truck so far)... it's finicky to establish a connection via bluetooth for carplay. I've had waaaaaay more failure than success.  But I have gotten it to work 3xs.  I'm a tech guy and baffled. Wired usb works fine. Onstar has been no help for a solution, they play right out of a scripted play book and in the end, I'm no better off. Disappointing, I've been so looking forward to that feature working seamlessly. Seems more work is needed for integration to flawlessly do what was paid for.  Bummed... Open to any ideas... altho I think I've tried them all minus taking it to the dealer. 

What version of iOS are you running? I had these problem at first and as soon as I updated to the newest software it fixed. Also, I'm sure you've tried this already, but try forgetting your phone and then re-adding it. This has fixed some bugs for me too. I wouldn't say mine is flawless but it definitely works flawlessly 95% of the time!