Low RPM shake/ vibration?. stutter?

46 minutes ago, ThatBossChevy21 said:

Awesome it’s the only way to go! I also just installed an oil catch can would be really surprised at all the oil I’ve collected in just 800 miles!

Do you have the make and model of the oil catch can you installed? Im guessing its for "catching oil"....lol.....but what does it help prevent? If you have any plumbing questions I can answer those for you...haha! Thanks again.

9 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

Do you have the make and model of the oil catch can you installed? Im guessing its for "catching oil"....lol.....but what does it help prevent? If you have any plumbing questions I can answer those for you...haha! Thanks again.

It’s made by JLT. Look up JLT 3.0 oil catch can and watch their video they explain it pretty well!

14 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

I see some of these with other brands have an option for a check valve.....is the check valve needed? Thank you.

Mine didn’t have one. I just bought the JLT 3.0 came with two hoses with fittings and the catch can. Just unscrew the canister every oil change and empty it out

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having the same issue with my 2021 TB LT 10 speed. I have been in 3 times already. First time, they told me it was because I had the truck in "Auto" instead of 2wd. So he told me that should fix it. Left the dealership....it definitely did not. Came back a couple days later and he said it's probably just the DFM I am feeling kick in and just to enjoy the truck and bring it back in if it persists. Needless to say.....I did not go back there as they were supposed to go on ride alongs both times and never did, which is why they never understood properly. Finally took it to another dealer and he hopped right in and felt it right away and especially on the highway. He was very confident that it was a tire balance issue as it wasn't as strong as the "shudder" that everyone is aware of. Had it balanced and they were about half an ounce off per tire. Still having the issue and almost feel like I am feeling it even more at the lower speeds as well now. 

Description of what I am feeling: 

From dead stop pulling out, i feel like the truck just is a little jumpy/jerky through the first two to three gears. There is just no consistency. once you get going it's not bad until you get closer around 60-65 and above with RPM's around 1500 and below. The truck starts to vibrate in the seat and steering wheel. I have played with the throttle and let off and put slight pressure back on and every time it causes it to shudder/vibrate. 

Anyone had the dealer give you any useful info that cured this problem? I am on visit 3 to the dealer on Tuesday at 9am for another ride along and steps moving forward. If it's not fixed by the 4th trip to the dealer I have already talked with someone from Lemon Law and going to just pursue that route to get rid of the truck which is unfortunate because it's a sharp truck........but having a 54k vibrating truck is unacceptable to me. Thanks in advance for any insight. 

2021 sierra evolution 5.3 10sp.

Ever since replacing the lifters I get a shuddering feeling at low rpms while maintaining speed from 40 kph or higher. 

I do not notice the vibration while accelerating from a stop. 

A bit more throttle or dropping gears smooths it out. 

It's not quite as bad as driving on rumble strips but it's definitely annoying with only 18,000kms on it. 

It's almost due for its next oil change so when it goes in they'll have a look at it. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have a similar issue,

the

Trail Boss I bought  2 months ago just now turned 1000 miles and I'm already having severe transmission problems. When holding a steady light throttle the truck Bucks and lurches violently. It seems very unsafe to drive. Seems like it was always bad from the start but it would rarely  lurch and i thought maybe it was due to the tires. But after 1000 miles it has become quite severe. you can barely drive vehicle without getting sick from all the bucking. Ive been hearing some terrible stories about this 10 speed transmission and worried i bought  lemon

Edited by sfargo

The Trail Boss I bought  2 months ago just now turned 1000 miles and I'm already having severe transmission problems. When holding a steady light throttle the truck Bucks and lurches violently. It seems very unsafe to drive. Seems like it was always bad from the start it seem it would rarely  lurch but i thought maybe it was due to the tires. But after 1000 miles it has become quite severe. you can barely drive vehicle without getting sick from all the bucking. anyone find the fix for this as Im sure dealer will say its normal

On 8/30/2021 at 10:39 AM, sfargo said:

I have a similar issue,

the

Trail Boss I bought  2 months ago just now turned 1000 miles and I'm already having severe transmission problems. When holding a steady light throttle the truck Bucks and lurches violently. It seems very unsafe to drive. Seems like it was always bad from the start but it would rarely  lurch and i thought maybe it was due to the tires. But after 1000 miles it has become quite severe. you can barely drive vehicle without getting sick from all the bucking. Ive been hearing some terrible stories about this 10 speed transmission and worried i bought  lemon

Which engine/ tranny combo do you have?  

I am at 19k miles now and have had my 20 AT4 (5.3/10spd) to the dealer three times now with no fix.  They have replaced the torque converter(it actually tested out of spec) as it seemed like the likely culprit given the issue, fluid flush, and multiple software updates with no change. They now claim it's normal which is total BS.  It was 100% smooth the first 14k miles.  Now it from around 40+ any slight "tap in" to the throttle without it downshifting creates a bucking, tranny lug, misfire type feel...kind of similar to an out balance rear wheel feeling.  The dealer thought it might be wheels out of balance as well until we did a test drive on a smooth road and coasted in N and it was silky smooth.  They eve road forced them again thinking it was maybe the issue but no luck.  I also  thought about disabling the AFM but the issue is still there when putting tranny in L9 so that excludes the AFM.  I'll probably take it to another dealer, although I really don't want to deal not having the truck for another 7-10days. 

It will be tough given the current market, but I plan to dump the truck as soon as I can find a reasonable deal on something.  It blows me away how GM treats their customers and respond with it's considered "normal" crap.   I would love to find a fix but starting to lose hope at this point.  

Edited by ajs800

I stater having the issue on TB 2021 LT 5.3L 10 speed with 8K miles . The problem started right after I got the lifters changed and a bend push rod(due to a misfire).  I can replicate the issue every time I get to a steady speed of  27, 37, 47, 57, 67 or 77  mph.

On Aug 30 I took a GM tech for a ride to show him the issue and he agreed that there is something wrong going on and they asked me to leave the truck for so they can troubleshoot the truck with the computer.  I called yesterday for an update and I was told that they are checking with GM engineers because they don't have a clue what could be causing the issue. I should get another update from them later today(ill update my post once they provide more info)

5 hours ago, TrailBoosXfan said:

I stater having the issue on TB 2021 LT 5.3L 10 speed with 8K miles . The problem started right after I got the lifters changed and a bend push rod(due to a misfire).  I can replicate the issue every time I get to a steady speed of  27, 37, 47, 57, 67 or 77  mph.

On Aug 30 I took a GM tech for a ride to show him the issue and he agreed that there is something wrong going on and they asked me to leave the truck for so they can troubleshoot the truck with the computer.  I called yesterday for an update and I was told that they are checking with GM engineers because they don't have a clue what could be causing the issue. I should get another update from them later today(ill update my post once they provide more info)

well long story short... they told me they couldn't find anything wrong that the shakiness is the DFM and to drive it until it brakes.

i have taken the truck for appraisals and the word is getting out that this trucks have many issue so the price is dropping fast.

in my case ill be trading the truck or selling it at Carmax as soon as possible , I love the truck but im not willing to keep a $50 K+ truck that is not reliable.

3 hours ago, TrailBoosXfan said:

well long story short... they told me they couldn't find anything wrong that the shakiness is the DFM and to drive it until it brakes.

i have taken the truck for appraisals and the word is getting out that this trucks have many issue so the price is dropping fast.

in my case ill be trading the truck or selling it at Carmax as soon as possible , I love the truck but im not willing to keep a $50 K+ truck that is not reliable.

Thanks for the update.  It sounds like my exact situation.  Dealer told me after several test drives that something is not right only to be told a week later after doing multiple things that it's not any better but is now consider "normal".  They didn't have much to say when I told them that it didn't do it for the first 14k miles of ownership so how can it be normal?  Yes, I'm considering selling mine as well.  It sucks as I like the truck but no way am I going to keep something that doesn't operate correctly with only 20k miles. 

Edited by ajs800