I have a 2018 GMC sierra  5.3 23,000 miles I have four injectors that have went out there is a nation wide search for them none in stock at GM anyone else having Or had problems its been at the dealership for 3 weeks 

I have a 2018 GMC sierra  5.3 23,000 miles I have four injectors that have went out there is a nation wide search for them none in stock at GM anyone else having Or had problems its been at the dealership for 3 weeks 

Have you tried injectors cleaning products?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, Mark Frazier said:

Hey Mark I just purchased a 2017 Denali Ultimate Package and two weeks later I got a check engine light come on. Local dealership said it was an injector problem so I went ahead and took it back to the dealership where I made the purchase of the vehicle. Whats confusing is that the only symptom I noticed was a rough idle on cold start I really never noticed any loss in power or misfire. Yes they also told me that there is no ETA on the injectors as well. Has anyone else had this problem and if so did exchanging the injectors fix the problem for good. 

Edited by rrurrdy

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck on locating injectors?  My 2015 5.3L has at least one bad injector...I plan to change all eight.  Hard to believe there are no other mfg's making these.  There should be a recall. This will be my last GM vehicle. 

On 7/16/2020 at 10:30 PM, chris311l said:

Any luck on locating injectors?  My 2015 5.3L has at least one bad injector...I plan to change all eight.  Hard to believe there are no other mfg's making these.  There should be a recall. This will be my last GM vehicle. 

This listing might not contain exactly what you need, but I bought all 8 injectors from this seller last year when I swapped mine out. They know their stuff and they are brand new OEM injectors. They can confirm which set you need by your VIN. Mine have performed flawlessly in the ~30k miles since installing them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-8-BRAND-NEW-OEM-Fuel-Injectors-GM-Trucks-5-3L-2014-17-12668390/192169388605?hash=item2cbe302a3d:g:98IAAOSw37BaV3Bf

Thanks so much! I'll be ordering these tomorrow. Question, do they come with the seals installed on the tip of the injectors?  Was it a pain to switch these out?  I watched a Youtube video and the Tech made it look pretty easy.  I've turned a few wrenches back in the day but the only worries I have is with the injectors being stuck. I would hate to have to replace the rails too. Thanks again!

10 hours ago, chris311l said:

Thanks so much! I'll be ordering these tomorrow. Question, do they come with the seals installed on the tip of the injectors?  Was it a pain to switch these out?  I watched a Youtube video and the Tech made it look pretty easy.  I've turned a few wrenches back in the day but the only worries I have is with the injectors being stuck. I would hate to have to replace the rails too. Thanks again!

I assume you mean the two teflon seals on the tip that goes into the intake...yes they were on mine when they arrived. I asked the same thing before I ordered mine and they confirmed they are new and I won't have any seal issues. I would ask the seller before you buy just to have peace of mind. The gasket on the other end of the injector is a standard rubber o-ring. Mine came with those as well, but would be super cheap to buy them if they arrived without them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 8:49 AM, midwestdenaliguy said:

I assume you mean the two teflon seals on the tip that goes into the intake...yes they were on mine when they arrived. I asked the same thing before I ordered mine and they confirmed they are new and I won't have any seal issues. I would ask the seller before you buy just to have peace of mind. The gasket on the other end of the injector is a standard rubber o-ring. Mine came with those as well, but would be super cheap to buy them if they arrived without them.

Just received 8 new injectors from the same guy! Thanks for the lead!  It's nice to that each set of injectors are flow tested and matched!  Now I have to decide if I want to tackle this myself or pay someone!  It's literrally Hot as Hell in Geaogia right now!

Edited by txab
duplication

On 8/1/2020 at 9:51 PM, chris311l said:

Just received 8 new injectors from the same guy! Thanks for the lead!  It's nice to that each set of injectors are flow tested and matched!  Now I have to decide if I want to tackle this myself or pay someone!  It's literrally Hot as Hell in Geaogia right now!

Happy to help. You inspired me to finally get my How-To posted on replacing fuel injectors. I couldn't find a write-up on how to do it when I replaced mine last year, so I wrote one myself. Give it a read and decide if this is something you want to tackle yourself. 

Edited by midwestdenaliguy

On 8/5/2020 at 9:31 AM, midwestdenaliguy said:

Happy to help. You inspired me to finally get my How-To posted on replacing fuel injectors. I couldn't find a write-up on how to do it when I replaced mine last year, so I wrote one myself. Give it a read and decide if this is something you want to tackle yourself. 

Thanks for the write up!!!! It was very detailed and along with the diagrams and parts numbers, this will make the job so much easier for many people like myself!  

• Like 1

I’ve had my truck back for three weeks after getting four injectors replaced I still felt the miss after about a week now it’s in the shop again the other four injectors are bad I think there should be a recallI’ve had my truck back for three weeks after getting four injectors replaced I still felt the miss after about a week now it’s in the shop again the other four injectors are bad I think there should be a recall