Newbie Needs Help

Hi guys, obviously I'm new and don't really know where to start (intro page, etc) but I'm in need of help. It's my wife's '05 Yukon.  Service Stability comes on. My diagnostic tool says it's the Steering Sensor. This will be the second one. She's been driving it and says it feels like the brakes are dragging. I confirmed it feels that way. My tool tells me all the wheel speed sensors are okay. The brakes seem fine but the left rear caliper was hard to depress when I checked it. So just now she was driving it and the Service Stability came on and a groaning noise happened and it pulled left. Scared her half to death. I convinced her to drive the 2 miles home. When she got here she told me it runs better! Like the brakes are no longer dragging. I'm thinking something triggered the ABS? I drove it and can confirm it does drive better! The Service Stability still comes on but I couldn't duplicate any pulling or groaning. Any ideas?

You indicated that the sensor has been replaced before. In that case I would check the wiring and connectors and replace the sensor if it is bad (use an OEM sensor).

Remove the connector to the steering wheel position sensor.
Check for bent/loose terminals.
There was a bulletin on that (back in the day) that had you check that, then if none were found to reprogram the EBCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did and didn't see anything wrong with them. I even used a little dielectric grease on each pin socket when I put it back. Remember my story, I installed a new one and then a few days later had a alignment done. It started throwing the code then. It could be bad. I've seen new parts fail upon installation. I can't get a real answer from the two closest dealers. Both have said they don't know if it's reprogramable or not! One said "$500 to scan it" and the other said "it starts out at $170". The part is $105! I can change it again but I'm kinda on a budget deficit now LOL!  Not really funny, it sucks. But I don't know what else to do.

Sounds like you need to take it to a dealer, you don’t know why it’s setting and you don’t know what the data list says that would cause it to set the dtc. A tech 2 and or mdi2 with SPS programming would be ur friend right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the input, but I'm not paying the dealership to install a new SAS. I'd get there and they'd charge a ton just to pull the same code (C0455) I already have. Then they'd tell me it's not re programmable and charge me their marked up price for a new one, and then more money to install it. Stealership is more like it. Everything I've read on the particular yr model says once it's taken off center it needs to be replaced. 

Edited by PapaFix
Missed wording

1 hour ago, PapaFix said:

Fyi I found this bypass on the interweb on a GM site. Some say it works by bypassing the ABS being applied when the Stabiltrac kicks it in! P/N 19168825. Anybody reading this done that?

Sorry, guess I should have elaborated more. It doesn't by pass the ABS, it's a power steering bypass that stops the ABS/Stability Control from taking over your steering.