All chrome everything on 2017 LT summit white silverado?

On 7/2/2020 at 8:52 AM, 2018GMC said:

I like the color matched look but I don’t mind some chrome. I think the color matched bumpers, especially in front make the truck look better. Issue with that is rock chips.

My 2018 SLT 6.2 max tow has the standard chrome bumpers, door handles and trim. Going to leave it.

What does bother me is the door rocker is exposed and easily gets scratched when people exit and enter truck. I’ve “reminded” my passengers to not slide their foot when exiting and entering on the paint but it still happens. Since GM put anti chip paint there, I can’t put 3m clear tape over it.

My truck is white so I can get almost all of the shoe marks and scuffs out with some wax.

Precious generations, doors cover most of the rocker. I added chrome on bottom to cover rock chips from being 23 years old. And it matches chrome bumper line.

df134c520cbcaa23a9b09689b5728967.jpg

ba356e1663bf4f475007ca573e205f93.jpg

That's a good looking 97, the OBS's are a hot market right now, becoming very popular again.

20 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

That's a good looking 97, the OBS's are a hot market right now, becoming very popular again.

Thank you Jim my friend. That truck is the reason I am a GM guy. Purchased brand new and towed 6500 lbs (the max rating) the first 3 years of its life. After that it saw mostly unloaded highway miles and now has 210k on it. Original 350 engine and 4l60 trans. Also has the (F44 code) semi float 14 bolt rear axle out of the 2500 LD. Yes I am OCD about preventive maintenance.

Cheers

Edited by 2018GMC
  • Like 2