Truck tries to fire up and dies immediately! HELP

My 2019 GMC Sierra 6.2lL tries to start then dies.  Backed my truck up and it died. Fired it back up and it idled so hard and rough it shut itself down. Got service esc, reduced engine power and service transmission. Tried a second time and it just continued to automatically try and  start eventually it killed itself I couldn't stop it from trying to start .....no idea what the hell is going on. I didn't smell any fuel maybe it's not receiving any. It sounded horrible. Any ideas?

20 hours ago, Chevysousa said:

My 2019 GMC Sierra 6.2lL tries to start then dies.  Backed my truck up and it died. Fired it back up and it idled so hard and rough it shut itself down. Got service esc, reduced engine power and service transmission. Tried a second time and it just continued to automatically try and  start eventually it killed itself I couldn't stop it from trying to start .....no idea what the hell is going on. I didn't smell any fuel maybe it's not receiving any. It sounded horrible. Any ideas?

Check battery. 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, Chevysousa said:

Be your throttle body. Had the same thing happen to my 5.3. 

19 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Collapsed lifter? Broken push rod?

When you have a major emissions failure, it will not run to protect itself from further damage.

So delt with engine bay components. The only thing I've done to the truck was a muffler swap. Hopefully they don't get pissy about that. Truck has 22k

14 minutes ago, Chevysousa said:

So delt with engine bay components. The only thing I've done to the truck was a muffler swap. Hopefully they don't get pissy about that. Truck has 22k

Sorry, in this case an emissions failure would be something in the valve train, should be fine with the muffler.

Do you have a CEL present?

2 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Sorry, in this case an emissions failure would be something in the valve train, should be fine with the muffler.

Do you have a CEL present?

Sorry I'm unaware of what a cel is. And truck is currently at dealer. Basically it would high idle and die. Sounded absolutely horrible.

6 minutes ago, Chevysousa said:

Sorry I'm unaware of what a cel is. And truck is currently at dealer. Basically it would high idle and die. Sounded absolutely horrible.

Check Engine Light: See the source image

Sorry not trying to be that obnoxious, must have hit enter.

It shows up every time you start the truck, will stay on if you have a problem. Codes thrown, things not right.... 

Edited by JimCost2014

36 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Sorry not trying to be that obnoxious, must have hit enter.

It shows up every time you start the truck, will stay on if you have a problem. Codes thrown, things not right right.... 

Yeah i couldn't really tell because it wouldn't last to start up. But I'm assuming it was up.

9 hours ago, Chevysousa said:

What was wrong with it? Truck has 20k only mod done was a muffler swap .

It just failed, they first thought it was the foot position sensor. Replaced foot pedal, drove 20kms same thing happened. Replaced throttle body never looked back. 

Edited by jasnak

13 hours ago, Chevysousa said:

Yeah i couldn't really tell because it wouldn't last to start up. But I'm assuming it was up.

Makes sense, especially if it only runs for a few seconds, would be hard to see if it were on.

I'd unhook the battery and put a trickle charger on it until it's fully charged. Hook the battery back up and see if the issue persists. When these batteries get low the trucks start doing funny things!