Rough Country Upper Control Arms

Can anybody differentiate between the UCA in this listing and the one in their 3.5” lift kit? Seems that it’s be pretty much the same and would correct the angles if adding a 1.5” leveling kit to a TB as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184284279832

https://www.roughcountry.com/chevy-suspension-lift-kit-29531c.html?find=2020-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-568872

I bought and installed the 3.5” kit from RC and the forged UCA’s that were included at least look and feel incredibly strong... pics posted are my oem wheels that sat pretty close but I’ve since swapped for a new wheel set up so that’s fixed. 34b3167c52827d53afe7a7ea219e9ff3.jpg
b77efd1178475f0bca0d66e4c4ede0f4.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, 305chevy said:

I bought and installed the 3.5” kit from RC and the forged UCA’s that were included at least look and feel incredibly strong... pics posted are my oem wheels that sat pretty close but I’ve since swapped for a new wheel set up so that’s fixed. 34b3167c52827d53afe7a7ea219e9ff3.jpg

I’m really glad you posted that. Probably saved me a ton of time and work. I was considering adding the 1.5” spacer (to make a total of 3.5”) and changing those UCAs and running 35s on the stock 18” wheels. That clearly wouldn’t work w/that setup. 

I’m really glad you posted that. Probably saved me a ton of time and work. I was considering adding the 1.5” spacer (to make a total of 3.5”) and changing those UCAs and running 35s on the stock 18” wheels. That clearly wouldn’t work w/that setup. 

Yea no shot it would fit. My original idea was lift and swap tires on stock 20” rim but that failed quickly. I could barely fit a pinky in between the UCA and tire. That’s the main reason I went with new wheel set up. Glad the pics helped. Had to go with a negative offset for it to sit at a good safe space. Will post pics of new set up to show better idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 9:57 AM, 305chevy said:

Yea no shot it would fit. My original idea was lift and swap tires on stock 20” rim but that failed quickly. I could barely fit a pinky in between the UCA and tire. That’s the main reason I went with new wheel set up. Glad the pics helped. Had to go with a negative offset for it to sit at a good safe space. Will post pics of new set up to show better idea.

I appreciate your info on this. However, there seem to be dozens of folks here and on instagram claiming they're running 35x12.5 on the stock 20 inch wheels on a 2 inch leveled non AT4/TB truck. I was skeptical of them, until I kept finding them and personally reaching out to them to ask about spacing and rubbing the UCA. 

32 minutes ago, jbr1888 said:

I appreciate your info on this. However, there seem to be dozens of folks here and on instagram claiming they're running 35x12.5 on the stock 20 inch wheels on a 2 inch leveled non AT4/TB truck. I was skeptical of them, until I kept finding them and personally reaching out to them to ask about spacing and rubbing the UCA. 

Are they running aftermarket control arms? From what i was finding on my research most were running stock uppers to allow this clearance. 

I have an image of a AT4 w/ stock 18's with minimal clearance with 285/75/18's utilizing the ready lift control arms. (Pick mine up tomorrow with this set up and the 2" SST). No way a 12.5 will fit w/ stock wheels without wheel spacers when used with the ready lift control arms. Don't want to speak on the others, but the above image that was posted would lead me to believe that would be correct for Rough Country's as well.

Edited by BetaX

2 hours ago, BetaX said:

Are they running aftermarket control arms? From what i was finding on my research most were running stock uppers to allow this clearance. 

I have an image of a AT4 w/ stock 18's with minimal clearance with 285/75/18's utilizing the ready lift control arms. (Pick mine up tomorrow with this set up and the 2" SST). No way a 12.5 will fit w/ stock wheels without wheel spacers when used with the ready lift control arms. Don't want to speak on the others, but the above image that was posted would lead me to believe that would be correct for Rough Country's as well.

I think you're correct. Factory UCA = no spacer. Lift UCA = spacer. I think some people are just living with it being scary close to the UCA. 

I've talked to this guy, he's running a 2 inch front level on an SLT, stock 20's, and 35x12.5 Atturo Trail Blades. He swears there's no rub (fender liner or UCA) and no trimming.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 2.23.05 PM.png

Edited by jbr1888

I have those uca's on my 19 silverado 1500 with icon coilovers, I ran my stock 20s for the last 6 months with no problems. I did use a slip on 1/4 spacer to give tire clearance with my 295 60 20s.

I since tho went to 20x9 trailboss replicas with 35 12.50 20 km3s and have clearance now. Not a crazy amount but enough not to need a spacer.

Edited by Flatblack83

• 2 years later...
On 7/6/2020 at 10:27 PM, 305chevy said:

Did you notice if the new forged UCA sit closer to the tire than the stock UCA. Mine are already pretty close. Im trying to avoid spacers