puddle lights on constantly, help??!!

Hey guys how's it going. I just purchased a 2016 gmc sierra 1500. It has the power, heated folding sport mirrors with the puddle lights on the bottom. I didnt notice till I had the truck running at night that they constantly stay on. I checked all the doors to make sure they are closed. I tried to look in the owners manual, i tried the cargo lamp switch, pretty much the whole nine yards with no luck. I ended up taking it to my local dealership where they pulled the master electrical plug for the headlights and the puddle lights continued to stay on. The only way they seem to turn off is if the headlights are off. I know they should only turn on at night when a door opens or when the door is unlocked with the key fob. Has anyone had this issue before or does anyone have any insight or ideas on how to fix it so im not paying an arm and a leg at the dealership to get it fixed? Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!!!

15943432300694715677828565768246.jpg

15943432686838861124502365219228.jpg

Edited by johnny connor

1 hour ago, johnny connor said:

There is a wire that is pulled though, and I'm not sure what port it would be plugged back into, i attached a picture, it looks to be grey with a green stripe. But the actual wire for the puddle lights (grey) is still plugged in.

1594690591853906707536360142400.jpg

I wonder if you have a faulty light sensor (the one in the middle of your dash)?

That wire does not like it came from the factory with that type of connecter, does your dealer have a wiring schematic you could take a quick look to see where it goes?

I don't see how the light sensor would be faulty as my headlights still turn on automatically. The puddle lights just continue to stay on. I can try to take it to my local dealership to see if they have the schematics, as I wasn't sure if it was a factory wire. Or why it would have been unplugged. Or where it should be plugged into if it is a factory wire. 

5 hours ago, silveradosid said:

not sure if that is plug 1 or 7 but here are the wiring 

bcmx1.pdf 315.03 kB · 4 downloads bcm x7.pdf 327.21 kB · 2 downloads

My guess would be bcm x7. The Gray / Lt Green striped wire is listed as " Driver Outside Rear View Mirror Puddle Lamp Control " and goes in pin # 8

8 hours ago, GrayGhost_ said:

My guess would be bcm x7. The Gray / Lt Green striped wire is listed as " Driver Outside Rear View Mirror Puddle Lamp Control " and goes in pin # 8

I tried it any the continue to stay on, idk if I have it in the right spot or not? Does anyone have a picture I could reference?. 

This is your friend:

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/664/Sierra_Silverado_Electrical_Body_Builders_Manual_Service_Manual_2016_en_US.pdf

Looking at the schematic it would seem that the previous owner somewhere disconnected the puddle lamp circuit and jumped the puddle lamps to the headlight circuit.

Pin # 8 would insert right next to Pin # 9 (Yellow Wire) and next to pin # 7 which is unoccupied. Technically your puddle lamps should not work at all with that wire disconnected.526457509_X7Connector-2016-1.thumb.jpg.b997bb1ca469f54a24e76f0c77952c4a.jpg556932764_PuddleLampSchematic-2016-1.thumb.jpg.25c25d364f172a04e802b3ceaba71e99.jpg