Wireless charging not working

I have a 2016 Silverado LTZ that had factory wireless charging in it.  A month or so ago, my old android phone quit charging on the wireless center console, thought maybe my phone was going bad, didn't think much of it.  A while back I had ordered the newer wireless charger (the one with the three coils instead of just one) from GM and got it installed. My phone still will not charge.  One of my kids just got a new iPhone SE and it also will not charge.  What might be the issue here?  Is there a specific fuse that I should check? I didn't see a specific fuse mentioned for this in the owner's manual.  Anything else?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, bkesting said:

Anyone got any advice?

Swap out your console charging unit for the Gen 2 charger. The underside of the lid is held on with clips that pry off and expose the charger. The Gen 1 charger had issues apparently, maybe yours went completely bad. Here's a new one listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2018-Cadillac-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Retrofit-iPhone-X-Android/283110063260

Well. I installed the updated wireless charger and my iPhone 11 Pro was charging until a few months ago. It’s hit or miss if it wants to charge. It recognizes that there is a charger there but won’t charge. I’d say it works about 10% of the time. My wife’s new iPhone pro does the same thing. The funny thing my sons IPhone XS charges just fine every time. I’m wondering if it’s something with a software update and the pros hardware. As for iPhones this has been discussed on previous threads. No solid conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

Swap out your console charging unit for the Gen 2 charger. The underside of the lid is held on with clips that pry off and expose the charger. The Gen 1 charger had issues apparently, maybe yours went completely bad. Here's a new one listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2018-Cadillac-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Retrofit-iPhone-X-Android/283110063260

I have put in the Gen 2 charger.  My old android won't charge and my son has a new iPhone SE and it also does not charge.

2 hours ago, Bob2C said:

Well. I installed the updated wireless charger and my iPhone 11 Pro was charging until a few months ago. It’s hit or miss if it wants to charge. It recognizes that there is a charger there but won’t charge. I’d say it works about 10% of the time. My wife’s new iPhone pro does the same thing. The funny thing my sons IPhone XS charges just fine every time. I’m wondering if it’s something with a software update and the pros hardware. As for iPhones this has been discussed on previous threads. No solid conclusion.

21 minutes ago, bkesting said:

I have put in the Gen 2 charger.  My old android won't charge and my son has a new iPhone SE and it also does not charge.

Yikes, looks like GM missed the mark with the Gen 2 chargers as well. Never mind about the OEM option then. I know there's a thread on here about guys installing their own chargers underneath the lid. Do some searching and maybe go that route.

On 8/11/2020 at 2:55 PM, Bob2C said:

The wire that feeds the wireless charger is in a bad spot, runs next to the lid hinge.  My hinge chewed through it.  Also, the newer phones are incompatible with that old wireless charger, there is a guy that sells the newer units and adapter since the power connector is bad.  My opinion, dont screw with it, use the cord to charge.  I did the upgrade and the charging is VERY slow..  Not worth it.

• Like 1

The wire that feeds the wireless charger is in a bad spot, runs next to the lid hinge.  My hinge chewed through it.  Also, the newer phones are incompatible with that old wireless charger, there is a guy that sells the newer units and adapter since the power connector is bad.  My opinion, dont screw with it, use the cord to charge.  I did the upgrade and the charging is VERY slow..  Not worth it.

If I leave my phone on there for more than 5 min it starts charging. I mostly use the cable because I use waze when I travel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 2:43 PM, bkesting said:

My original Gen1 charger had quit working, so I put in the Gen2 hoping it would resolve the issue.  Must be something else at play.

Not sure if you solved this, but I did a mod and added an aftermarket charger. Here's my thread on how to do it, with pics: