well, by the time you get it all tuned and uprgaded to handle more power , you'll have spent $8000.   

unlock ecm, dyno tuner, then you'll want to add a CAI, Cam with DOD delete, exhaust, bigger TB, Long tube headers,  over heating transmission upgrades such and new Torque converter, Trans tuning,  Tractions bars for the wheel hop,  better shocks, ... when do I stop... lol  ok maybe $6000 is a more realistic price once you start chasing the power god

Edited by flyingfool

Here is the cost for the credits, hardware and an unlocked ECM (exchange) from HPTuners web site. -> $2249.87

You would still need someone to tune it or learn yourself. You would also be tossing your factory warranty away and thats worth something.

I'm not here to bash you, just point out the costs. It's your money so spend it like you wish.

Jay

26 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

well, by the time you get it all tuned and uprgaded to handle more power , you'll have spent $8000.   

unlock ecm, dyno tuner, then you'll want to add a CAI, Cam with DOD delete, exhaust, bigger TB, Long tube headers,  over heating transmission upgrades such and new Torque converter, Trans tuning,  Tractions bars for the wheel hop,  better shocks, ... when do I stop... lol  ok maybe $6000 is a more realistic price once you start chasing the power god

@flyingfool Do you read for comprehension?  I already stated I have CAI and Exhaust.....

Plus I am not looking into digging internally into the engine. Just want a nice power boost. You do realize that this engine is almost identical to the one in the corvette and camaro and they make 455HP.   So there is around that 30/35HP to tap into.

@ Jay P

Well, after credits and all $3k for a tune is nowhere near $8k the other gentleman was talking about.  Man I go from talking about a tune, to this gentlemen rambling about doing an entire engine and tranny upgrade. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

• 1 year later...

What are the reviews, has any T1 L87 trucks been tuned. From the sideline it looks promising almost 50hp and 50ft lbs max at round 3400rpm and 20hp 20ftlbs peak. I’m on the fence 

• Confused 1