Bakflip MX4 issue

Just installed the MX4 tonneau cover today on my 2020 GMC 2500 with the 6.9" bed. Only weird part is when I try and fold the cover forward it doesn't rest against the cab like it should:

8ab963ba404f80ef9974adc02fe57182.jpg

0f8ac3ede8edfe03670657f17ef7c800.jpg

f02c9635893b79c02f8b9aa4b7471210.jpg

They did send two different sets of bumpers and I would assume I need to use the thicker rectangular ones but they still aren't thick enough to get the cover to rest against the cab

6dc6a8f9d0d16aaae8f160b900fe9a97.jpg

Can anyone with this cover tell me if there's rests against the cab?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I have the similar Undercover Ultra Flex and mine doesn't rest against the cab.  Why do you want it to rest against the cab?  Surely, you won't be driving with it in this position.  I've only driven my truck with the cover fully open one time and I used the support arms to hold it into place.   Doesn't your Bakflip MX4 have these support arms?

UnderCover-Ultra-Flex-Tonneau-Covers.jpg

I looked at the photos of the MX4 here  https://bakflip.com/p/bakflip-mx4-tonneau-cover/  and I believe it's because the beds of our trucks are 6' 8".   I could be wrong but the cover will probably only rest against the cab if the bed is the shorter 5' 8" in the half tons.

BAK.JPG

Edited by Thankful

I'm sorry.  I was wrong.  I went out and opened my cover and it will rest on the back of the cab.  However, I've never allowed it to do that.  I simply have always used the support arms on both the right and left to secure the cover in the fully opened position.

I'm sorry.  I was wrong.  I went out and opened my cover and it will rest on the back of the cab.  However, I've never allowed it to do that.  I simply have always used the support arms on both the right and left to secure the cover in the fully opened position.
Mine will touch the cab if I force it to. I can then lock it there with the arms.  I normally dont got that far with it, I just make sure it isnt blocking the camera and call it good. 
I'm not planning on driving like this often, but if I need to I was just worried about it "flapping" back and forth. It does have those rods but there's still some motion in it since I can't snug it against the cab.

@GearHead71, I'd be interested to see what the bed view camera and the rear view mirror look like from inside when you have the MX4 up like that. That's the bed cover I'm looking to get as well and haven't found any pics of the cover up like that. Any chance you'd be willing to either let me know whether or not those cameras are blocked or post a couple pics of the camera views with that up?

Thanks,

Alan

If you force it to the cab and then crank down the holders, it’ll stay against the cab. It also won’t obstruct the view of the review and bed view camera. I specifically choose this cover for that reason. Moving from a bumper pull to a fifth wheel and wanted to be able to have the cover out of the way and hitch up. It’s also convenient when filling the bed with stuff to have almost full access to the entire bed space. My old truck and cover took up half a foot or so of bed space fully folded up, which only mattered when I had bikes in the back. That half foot meant I couldn’t close the tailgate. Not an issue on the longer standard bed of this gen truck though and this style cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[mention=240335]GearHead71[/mention], I'd be interested to see what the bed view camera and the rear view mirror look like from inside when you have the MX4 up like that. That's the bed cover I'm looking to get as well and haven't found any pics of the cover up like that. Any chance you'd be willing to either let me know whether or not those cameras are blocked or post a couple pics of the camera views with that up?

Thanks,

Alan
I'll take a picture when I get home. Not sure it will be much help since mine doesn't fold all the way to the cab yet though.
If you force it to the cab and then crank down the holders, it’ll stay against the cab. It also won’t obstruct the view of the review and bed view camera. I specifically choose this cover for that reason. Moving from a bumper pull to a fifth wheel and wanted to be able to have the cover out of the way and hitch up. It’s also convenient when filling the bed with stuff to have almost full access to the entire bed space. My old truck and cover took up half a foot or so of bed space fully folded up, which only mattered when I had bikes in the back. That half foot meant I couldn’t close the tailgate. Not an issue on the longer standard bed of this gen truck though and this style cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if I push on it I can't force it to the cab. It starts to bend up the small panel at the bottom. There's only those two bolts holding it to the side rails.

I think this is the problem. Here is a picture of my truck, see how the top of the cover slants away from the cab:

82d4a88871f2d17b134cae71a06438d6.jpg

Here's my buddy's truck. See how the top of the cover slants towards the cab:

a8716593b9fa448637710136145f1ad9.jpg

Basically, mine is binding up on itself while his still has room to fold forward and rest against the cab.