Trail Boss Tires on 18” rims

Chips

I know there has been a few threads on this but I wanted one specific to the trail boss and specific to the 18” rims. The Trail boss can handle bigger tires than the AT4 so to lump them together doesnt make sense.

What is or who has bigger tires on the stock 18” rims? 

Ive so far found that 295/70/18 has been done a few times without a level and no rubbing. 

That tires size is fine for me , I would be happy , however there is a rubber shortage especially for odd size tires.

my question is has anyone done 35x12.5” tires on the trail boss 18” rims. It seems the 12.5” wide is more so the issue vs the 35”.

Does anyone have 33” x12.5” ? 

Im curious because clearly people have 34.6” on stock trail boss 18” no level but they are 11.6” or 11.7” wide.  295/70/18.

Please help me out , im debating between trail grapplers, ridge grapplers , open country M/T, open country AT2 Extreme and BFG KM3.

• 2 weeks later...

I put falken wildpeaks 295/70 on my TB... I thought they were supposed to be 34” tire but they measure 33”-33.5” tall on the truck. They’re about 1” taller and 1” wider than factory tires.

They do not rob at all. And they handle and ride just as good as the factory tires

heres a crap picture of mine with them and motofab 1” level.

35B410A0-C86F-49AF-921E-8CD0AE9A47DC.jpeg

Edited by Jmccracken1214
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jmccracken1214 said:

I put falken wildpeaks 295/70 on my TB... I thought they were supposed to be 34” tire but they measure 33”-33.5” tall on the truck. They’re about 1” taller and 1” wider than factory tires.

They do not rob at all. And they handle and ride just as good as the factory tires

Thanks for the information and the pic!

I'm looking at purchasing KO2's for the exact same truck you have. I'm going to put on the same motofab 1" level kit on my TB as well.  Do you think 305/65 18 will work without rubbing. According to everyone I have checked overall tire dimension is 33.6"?

Looks like the 325/65 18 overall dimension is 34.6. 

Don’t know if this helps but I was able to run 35x12.5x18 toyo mts on my non trail boss w a 2.5 level kit. Had to do some major trimming of the fender liner and remove the bolted on frame caps. Also had 2” wheel spacers. 

4FAA3520-E39A-44E0-BC0F-19586E918089.jpeg

On 8/15/2020 at 12:42 PM, Chips said:

I know there has been a few threads on this but I wanted one specific to the trail boss and specific to the 18” rims. The Trail boss can handle bigger tires than the AT4 so to lump them together doesnt make sense.

I'll bite.

Why can a TB take larger tires than an AT4?

15 minutes ago, redwngr said:

I'll bite.

Why can a TB take larger tires than an AT4?

Bigger fender well clearance on the Trail Boss. In both stock and levelled applications the Trail Boss can handle a bigger tire without rub or trimming.

definitely interested in this too. I love my Trail Boss at its "stock" height and don't want to do even a leveling lift. But I do want to get a slightly bigger tire eventually to fill in the space. So does anyone have larger tires on the stock Trail Boss lift with 18" wheels?

On 8/30/2020 at 7:15 AM, Jmccracken1214 said:

Could you please post a pic looking down the side? I get a lot of grief in my state trying to get an inspection if they stick out pretty much at all.

FYI if you’re running stock rims, the tires get really close to the UCAs. I have 295/70/18 on mine and here’s the clearance on it. Maybe 1/2” the most. I would bet that any wider would touch the UCA. b0969f0e5169e798eebea5d36f2b9929.jpg
472e32be63bf23b296b7dc7180719186.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk