Sierra chrome window trim and I know I'm being very picky on this.....

HI all.........got a new 2019 Sierra Limited and through all of the "excitement", I guess I missed this. It's like the window trim on the back door goes up hill a bit and doesn't align with the front door. Is there a way to get these straight or just deal with it?  Thank you all. Appreciate any input.

P_20200824_115845.jpg

7 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

If it's any consolation, as punishment for the terrible fit and finish, GM closed the Oshawa plant and laid off the workers.

Hopefully it's just some adhesive that can be heated up and pressed down.  Good luck.

Yeah............I'm a GM guy, but they do have some issues. I may tray to take it out (knowing the clips will break) and see what I can do. Thank you!!

7 minutes ago, flyin99 said:

Yeah............I'm a GM guy, but they do have some issues. I may tray to take it out (knowing the clips will break) and see what I can do. Thank you!!

If it new or certified, ask the dealer to look at it & correct. What do you have to lose?

18 minutes ago, 204Denali said:

I would take it to the dealership, that should be rectified, its not much for them to replace it.  I don't believe heat would do much to it sadly to try and do it yourself.

Thank you. Appreciate the input! :)

My whole front door sags a bit. It isn’t the trim On mine. Another member on here was having a similar issue and to fix it he had to realign the door “stud”(idk what it’s called).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

It’s a little torques screw.. just loosen it up a little bit put pressure down on the end of it tighten the screw back up should take you about a minute

Is it behind the door panel, or how do you get to it? I must go double check.......maybe I missed something. Thanks!

If you look closer, it appears that the entire door is just a smidge low at the rear...dealer should be able to shim it, or maybe adjust striker a hair up? 

Edited by kpanza
  • Like 1