Say what you will about the 2.7 but it suits me great for the family hauler I bought the Silverado as. Filled up my tank, drove from Metro Detroit to Western Wisconsin, did some family things there, filled up my tank, drove back. Averaged 25.8 MPG. I’m pretty happy with this thing! 

Also helps that my previousJeep had the worlds smallest gas tank so I’m not too used to not filling up every 5 minutes. But this was impressive for a full size truck!

Edited by Mike Borowski
  • Like 3

Wife and I were on vacation after the 4th over in the western UP and another family pulled up in a crew cab Sierra. Got talking with them and I was asking about their truck and said they had the 2.7l in it and was asked how they liked it and said the same as you have about it, I was impressed. Asked if they have towed anything with it and they said they haven't but don't really plan on it unless a small boat if they do. Have you towed with yours and how did it do if you have?

-Grover67

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grover67 said:

Wife and I were on vacation after the 4th over in the western UP and another family pulled up in a crew cab Sierra. Got talking with them and I was asking about their truck and said they had the 2.7l in it and was asked how they liked it and said the same as you have about it, I was impressed. Asked if they have towed anything with it and they said they haven't but don't really plan on it unless a small boat if they do. Have you towed with yours and how did it do if you have?

-Grover67

I haven’t towed anything other than a small enclosed Uhaul Trailer and it had no problem. I don’t have anything major to tow honestly. MAYBE perhaps one day we might get an ATV to take up north to my brother in laws and I’m sure it wouldn’t have any issues. Going to Wisconsin I had an engine block, transmission and a bunch of other car parts for a project car and it didn’t bog down at all. 

At the end of the day, I needed a bigger backseat, more storage and decent mileage plus a hitch for our bike rack. (I’m that poser lol) and it’s perfect. The acceleration is a nice surprise too, it’s pretty awesome. Doesn’t sound half bad either (for what it is). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tow a 4000lb boat with coolers of beer and weekend supplies all the time and towing mileage is as good or better than my 2017 5.3 was. Usually in the 15mpg range towing that.

The thing is great, I'm averaging over 19mpg lifetime, only had it since February but I'm WFH so my driving is about as inefficient as can be. 3 mile round trips to menards and the grocery store. My last pickup averaged 16.5 lifetime.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...