Yes, even if I get in push the brake and turn on the vehicle it is blank.

right and even after I push the start button it still doesn’t come on, I have to turn it off the truck and turn it back on for it to work

I have a 2020 Crew Cab LT Trailboss, everyday driven in normal road conditions. I've had this same problem on separate occasions due to a "bad battery." After remote starting the vehicle, I get in the truck (push brake and ignition button) to turn it "fully on. Engine continues running and all electronics turn on EXCEPT for the infotainment system, which remains a black screen. I have to fully restart the truck to get it to come on.

I brought my truck back to the dealership  a month after buying it , they fixed this issue by replacing the malfunctioning battery (battery #2).... 6 months later,  it started happening again and the dealership, again, fixed it by replacing the bad battery (battery #3).

Clearly a fresh, fully charged battery fixes the remote start infotainment issue, however, the underlying issue is still present- why am I on my 3rd brand new AGM battery in a 9 month old vehicle? I have not messed with anything on this truck, no aftermarket crap lights or extra electronics anywhere, so what is draining the battery? Do I have a bad alternator?

Any help would be appreciated!

7 hours ago, eha133 said:

I have a 2020 Crew Cab LT Trailboss, everyday driven in normal road conditions. I've had this same problem on separate occasions due to a "bad battery." After remote starting the vehicle, I get in the truck (push brake and ignition button) to turn it "fully on. Engine continues running and all electronics turn on EXCEPT for the infotainment system, which remains a black screen. I have to fully restart the truck to get it to come on.

I brought my truck back to the dealership  a month after buying it , they fixed this issue by replacing the malfunctioning battery (battery #2).... 6 months later,  it started happening again and the dealership, again, fixed it by replacing the bad battery (battery #3).

Clearly a fresh, fully charged battery fixes the remote start infotainment issue, however, the underlying issue is still present- why am I on my 3rd brand new AGM battery in a 9 month old vehicle? I have not messed with anything on this truck, no aftermarket crap lights or extra electronics anywhere, so what is draining the battery? Do I have a bad alternator?

Any help would be appreciated!

This happen in cold weather?

There is a tech article about parasitic battery draw in temps below 40F -- including diagnostic  test to confirm if that was the source of the issue.  

Seems that some have an issue with one of the Seat Memory Control Modules (SMCM) waking up the low speed gm LAN Bus

May or may not be related to the batteries needing replacement.   

Intermittent Parasitic Battery Draw Below 40° F/4° C

June 16, 2020

Several intermittent conditions related to a low battery state of charge may be found on some 2018-2019 ATS, CTS, XTS, Corvette; 2018-2020 Envision, LaCrosse, CT6, Escalade, XT5, Equinox, Impala, Malibu, Camaro, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse, Acadia, Sierra, Terrain, Yukon; 2019-2020 XT4, Blazer; and 2020 XT6 models.

The following low battery charge conditions may be present when the ambient air temperature is below 40° F/4° C for an extended period of time:

• Dead battery/required jump start
  • Slow crank
  • Battery low state of charge and, if equipped, Auto Stop/Start inoperative
  • Instrument cluster backlighting turning on intermittently while the vehicle should be asleep
  • Keyless or passive entry/start inoperative

These conditions are not easily duplicated in the service bay or in temperatures above 40° F/4° C.

These conditions may be due to a low battery state of charge that is being caused by one or more modules waking up the Low Speed GM LAN Bus. When the ambient air temperature is below 40° F/4° C, the Seat Memory Control Module (SMCM) could inadvertently wake up the Low Speed GM LAN Bus. All SMCM’s on a vehicle, including the Driver K40 (Fig. 9), Passenger K40P, Left Rear K40LR and/or Right Rear K40RR module, may apply.

F09-smcm-1.png

Fig. 9

Begin diagnosis by asking the customer or inspecting the vehicle for any aftermarket equipment. If no aftermarket equipment is installed, try to duplicate the conditions by leaving the vehicle outside overnight in temperatures below 40 F/4 C.

Follow the Battery Electrical Drain/Parasitic Load Test procedure in the appropriate Service Information. If an excessive battery draw is duplicated, as part of the Circuit/System Testing procedure, remove the fuse(s) that powers the SMCM. The SMCM may be powered by more than one fuse. Wait several minutes to see if the vehicle will return to an acceptable battery draw level. If so, replace the appropriate SMCM.

If the battery draw does not return to an acceptable level with the SMCM fuse(s) removed, then continue with the diagnostic procedures in the Service Information.

12 hours ago, redwngr said:

This happen in cold weather?

There is a tech article about parasitic battery draw in temps below 40F -- including diagnostic  test to confirm if that was the source of the issue.  

Seems that some have an issue with one of the Seat Memory Control Modules (SMCM) waking up the low speed gm LAN Bus

May or may not be related to the batteries needing replacement.   

Intermittent Parasitic Battery Draw Below 40° F/4° C

June 16, 2020

Several intermittent conditions related to a low battery state of charge may be found on some 2018-2019 ATS, CTS, XTS, Corvette; 2018-2020 Envision, LaCrosse, CT6, Escalade, XT5, Equinox, Impala, Malibu, Camaro, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse, Acadia, Sierra, Terrain, Yukon; 2019-2020 XT4, Blazer; and 2020 XT6 models.

The following low battery charge conditions may be present when the ambient air temperature is below 40° F/4° C for an extended period of time:

• Dead battery/required jump start
  • Slow crank
  • Battery low state of charge and, if equipped, Auto Stop/Start inoperative
  • Instrument cluster backlighting turning on intermittently while the vehicle should be asleep
  • Keyless or passive entry/start inoperative

These conditions are not easily duplicated in the service bay or in temperatures above 40° F/4° C.

These conditions may be due to a low battery state of charge that is being caused by one or more modules waking up the Low Speed GM LAN Bus. When the ambient air temperature is below 40° F/4° C, the Seat Memory Control Module (SMCM) could inadvertently wake up the Low Speed GM LAN Bus. All SMCM’s on a vehicle, including the Driver K40 (Fig. 9), Passenger K40P, Left Rear K40LR and/or Right Rear K40RR module, may apply.

F09-smcm-1.png

Fig. 9

Begin diagnosis by asking the customer or inspecting the vehicle for any aftermarket equipment. If no aftermarket equipment is installed, try to duplicate the conditions by leaving the vehicle outside overnight in temperatures below 40 F/4 C.

Follow the Battery Electrical Drain/Parasitic Load Test procedure in the appropriate Service Information. If an excessive battery draw is duplicated, as part of the Circuit/System Testing procedure, remove the fuse(s) that powers the SMCM. The SMCM may be powered by more than one fuse. Wait several minutes to see if the vehicle will return to an acceptable battery draw level. If so, replace the appropriate SMCM.

If the battery draw does not return to an acceptable level with the SMCM fuse(s) removed, then continue with the diagnostic procedures in the Service Information.

Thanks for posting this, the last battery replacement just happened last week, first week of September. I'm in DC and the temperature has not fallen below 60 degrees since May. It can't be this if it only happens when the temperatures are below 40. I wonder if it can also happen at warm temperatures?

1 hour ago, eha133 said:

Thanks for posting this, the last battery replacement just happened last week, first week of September. I'm in DC and the temperature has not fallen below 60 degrees since May. It can't be this if it only happens when the temperatures are below 40. I wonder if it can also happen at warm temperatures?

Sounds like the techs are going to have to follow the other diagnostic procedures to determine cause of the abnormally standby draw. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, L REY said:

Yes, even if I get in push the brake and turn on the vehicle it is blank.

right and even after I push the start button it still doesn’t come on, I have to turn it off the truck and turn it back on for it to work

This just started for me yesterday only time it comes on is if I get in and start without remote. Also is your on star button red when you remote start? Have you had a solution to it yet? I have an app on Saturday for mine let’s see what they say 

Hello, 

I’m still having the same issue exactly how you explained it is what is still going on for me.. Good luck with your appointment I’m anxious to hear what the diagnostics was.

21 minutes ago, L REY said:

Hello, 

I’m still having the same issue exactly how you explained it is what is still going on for me.. Good luck with your appointment I’m anxious to hear what the diagnostics was.

Another post said it was a battery going bad so guessing that will be it