Solid noise from transmission. Transmission needs replaced...

Solid noise from transmission started only in park and neutral. Noise "eeerrrrrr" (sorry, best description I can think of) was only in park/neutral, but now at anytime, any gear. Can be constant, but does come and go. First diagnosis was torque converter, but after replacing noise still there. Next thought was a solenoid, but ruled out. After research and other opinions, discovered ATSG (Automatic Transmission Service Group) are receiving several calls a week on this....basically, worn pressure regulator and at least pump needs to be replaced. They recommend an overhaul or transmission replacement!! I just went over 100K and bought the 2016 new in 2017.

Anybody seeing this? Is GM acknowledging this?

Also, I am going on my SECOND AC compressor...It has had multiple model numbers indicating multiple non-fixed issues. I have never had this many major issues. I will take any thoughts/ideas. Very disappointed in GM.

Needing a rebuild on a 6L80e isn't that uncommon to be honest. There are known issues with torque converter failures and internal clutch issues, it's just a matter of time before they all end up needing some sort of fix. Some make it 50k miles and other 150-200k miles before it acts up. It's a giant toss up on when something can happen with a mass produced product like these.

The $4,000 it may take to fix the problem is a lot cheaper than the 30-40k you would have to spend after trade in to get into a new Tahoe that starts at basically $60,000 now.

At app 86K my trans was skipping and bucking.  Stealer did “reprogram engine and transmission control module” and “transmission service using kit# k6600”, and recommended trans service every 30K.  Now at 94K starting to experience shift hesitation issues.  Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...