Hey, Just received my 2020 2500 sierra 4x4 turbo crew cab 3 days ago. As I said , this is my first diesel and I have some questions that my seem elementary or common sense to you. Where should the oil pressure read? After 1st start in the am, warmed up she reads up to 60lbs pressure. After that she varies from 30 to 65. Is this normal? And before I start her should I turn key to auxillery to let glow plugs warm awhile before turning ignition? My buddy knows more than me about diesels, but I am afraid his advise may be outdated. Any help would be welcomed.400 miles today only 100 more and she is broke in. Cant wait to go over 60 . Anything else you think a rookie should know?

I had 120 PSI on my LP5 when I started it at 40 degrees, then when warm, it is between 30-65 ish so I'd say you are good.  Just make sure you run a good premium oil filter.  Change the tranny fluid every 25,000-35,000 miles along with spin on filter... change front and rear diff fluid every 30,000-60,000 miles, along with transfer case fluid.  I would suggest Amsoil gear lube, I believe it to be superior to other brands out there.  Change the fuel filter once a year and use a good quality fuel filter.  AC/Delco is good, I've never had any issues with WIX/NAPA fuel filters either, but some from previous generations claim they don't seal well, again I've never had any issues.  Replace air filter once a year.  Replace cabin air filter (if equipped) once a year.  Coolant every 75,000 miles.  (they say it's good for 100,000 miles or more but I believe in preventative maintenance) 

Mine doesn't have a key, so it spins the starter when the computer thinks it's OK after you push the button.  I think even with the key, it's all up to the computer anyway.    

22 hours ago, XY74 said:

Mine doesn't have a key, so it spins the starter when the computer thinks it's OK after you push the button.  I think even with the key, it's all up to the computer anyway.    

Yes.

'Bump' the key and the computer takes over. 

Been that way for a bunch of years.

So I bought some cheap faux leather seat covers, for my crew cab 2020 2500 sierra 4x4. they all fit fine until the back 60/40 bench, anyway I cant figure out if they some how fold or detatch from the back wall of the cab so I can fit these covers on. Its driving me crazy because there is all these loops for baby seats and such and I dont want to mess up and deploy an airbag or something? And I cant find anything about it in manuals about it. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Oh my truck doesnt have a button start just a key.