1 year anniversary/review

So, its been over a year actually- I brought her home on June 29th, 2019. I have a little over 16,000 miles.  She's a 5.3 LT Crew 4x4 Z71

And, I'm just as happy as I ever was. Prolly even more so.  This has by far and away been the best vehicle I've ever bought. I've had 2 Silverado's before this one. An 03 and an 07 Classic. 

Both were awesome! They were fantastic trucks. 

But, this new '19 just takes the cake. 

I can get up 25mpg. Since Covid19 I don't drive as much, but I still get around 22mpg. Thats just incredible, especially so considering how fast the are! And bigger and stronger!!

Looks like the honeymoon stage is here to stay....

Edited by MacLaren
  • Like 5

Best vehicle ever? That is pretty bold after only 16k miles, usually someone waits until the end of their ownership to make that claim. I understand it has the most features and flash but not sure that would constitute it as best ever, probably nicest ever. It could have some mechanical issues down the road, some electronic gremlins could develop or maybe some suspension issues or interior rattles pop up later on. Have you had some bad vehicles over the years? Our families best vehicle ever so far was a '91 Astro van that only had an alternator failure in the nearly 200k miles we owned out, just changed oil, brakes, a set of spark plugs and shocks. It towed a boat at or over its weight limit all around the great lakes and countless other truck duties when we didn't have a truck; it didn't have that many features or any flash but it was the most reliable for what we used it and put it through. Our '02 Sonoma was fantastic as well, most our GM vehicles have been trouble free over the years through 100k+. Most people reserve the reliability as a key indicator, that is what we determine best ever. Your truck sounds to be off to a good start, it would be fun to see you update this in 5-10 years. 

Tyler 

Best vehicle ever? That is pretty bold after only 16k miles, usually someone waits until the end of their ownership to make that claim. I understand it has the most features and flash but not sure that would constitute it as best ever, probably nicest ever. It could have some mechanical issues down the road, some electronic gremlins could develop or maybe some suspension issues or interior rattles pop up later on. Have you had some bad vehicles over the years? Our families best vehicle ever so far was a '91 Astro van that only had an alternator failure in the nearly 200k miles we owned out, just changed oil, brakes, a set of spark plugs and shocks. It towed a boat at or over its weight limit all around the great lakes and countless other truck duties when we didn't have a truck; it didn't have that many features or any flash but it was the most reliable for what we used it and put it through. Our '02 Sonoma was fantastic as well, most our GM vehicles have been trouble free over the years through 100k+. Most people reserve the reliability as a key indicator, that is what we determine best ever. Your truck sounds to be off to a good start, it would be fun to see you update this in 5-10 years. 

Tyler 

You made me think. The toughest trunk I ever owned will be a surprise. Not that I would want it to be my retirement truck. My 91 3/4 ton Ram Cummings 5 speed. The first 100K it was my haul truck. I haul our equipment to jobs on pipelines. Combo load was 24K. It got handed to a crew and went another 150K. It became a parts runner truck at our shop for awhile. In 2002 I used it to haul a little clearing machine around Cincinnati Ohio to help a costumer for nine months. I had them repaint it and replace the clutch just because. When I first bought it I turned it up and raised the governor speed to help the 2-3 shift. It had a recall on the injection pump and shifter that got replaced. Never gave me a problem but was a free replacement. Had an electrical problem that affected the power windows. Got fixed at our shop. A wire I think. At 400K miles my brother gave it to our head mechanic. Pissed me off but the deed was done. He traded it for a Jeep. It was a simple but a very effective truck. It was noisy, had wind noise, the toughest truck I ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk