Plugs and intake.

Some months ago I put in some E3 plugs, no problems, no real difference. A few months ago that put on a K&N intake, no problems, sounds good, not loud like an exhaust.

I’ve been noticing that my truck pulls great with the 1000 pound ATV in the bed. Better then it used to. No giant claims, just noticing some better power while driving, same fuel mileage. 

Edited by gearheadesw

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with e3 in my 2006 6.0, it actually felt worse. I took them out, installed OEM and it was back to normal. Maybe things have changed.

Sent from the demons in my head

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

My dad puts them in everything. Even his lawn mowers. :)

My Iridium factory plugs have served me well. 100,000 miles a set. 

Sounds like he also uses Frank's RedHot sauce lol. Agreed Idk what factory is but I use Denso iridium and really like them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

Sounds like he also uses Frank's RedHot sauce lol. Agreed Idk what factory is but I use Denso iridium and really like them.

AC Delco plugs are made by NGK. FYI

I've run NGK plugs in most everything but old Brit bikes.

Those get Champion Copper Plus. O' l school. When I can find them.

? 

• Like 2

Yeah, I've run E3's in several different vehicles, have had no bad luck with them, and nothing super extraordinary with any of them either.

We'll see how they last, there's something wrong with this site it ****s my computer up,  lots of info in here......

Edited by gearheadesw

• 4 weeks later...

So a crazy update, took the truck in for wandering on center, thought they would do the PIT5501F update, but they replace the center link, pitman and idler arms, and it steers like new.  Total success.  They did it on my extended warranty at 60 K miles.

I noticed my fuel milage was way down,compared to what it was when I brought it in, no big deal, they test drove it quite a few miles. But, the truck seems to pull harder, and gets better fuel milage after this front end work... Did they like my truck,  and flash it? Placebo effect? I don't think it's just me, tires lit up on a very familiar turn into traffic, and it pulls hills by the house easier, I dunno, but I like it.....

Edited by gearheadesw
  • Like 1