2012 silverado radio steering control

Nartsherqatli

Question

Hello, 

I had spent the last 3 months searching and looking around for a solution with no luck. 

I own a 2012 chevy silverado that only came with cruise control and no radio steering control. I tried adding the radio steering control with no luck. 

i wired the swc correctly, and the backlight is on and the resistance changes on the light green wire which is the swc signal when the buttons are pressed. 

I have a clock spring with the pin C where the light green steering control signal wire should be wired and it shows that the signal is received by the bcm when tested via the obd connection on a "launch" testing device.

the rear harness from the radio are shown in the attached images. 

does anyone know which wire goes from the BCM to the radio wiring harness? 

Screenshot_20201108-203121.jpg

IMG_20200302_171702.jpg

IMG-20201108-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20201108-WA0001.jpg

1 answer to this question

When I added steering wheel controls to my 2010 Sierra that also had cruise, I changed the complete steering wheel over to the leather wrapped wheel with full steering wheel controls.  It was a plug and play operation, just replaced the complete steering wheel.  No other changes, including wiring changes, were required.  Don't recall exactly, but the steering wheel was around $100 from one of the large GM online parts website and took about 2 weeks to arrive by me in Canada.